~9~

Meanwhile at the Rebellion base.....

Tom had explained to Edd what happened and there was a widespread search looking for Tord. Everyone suggested he either went on a walk or was taken. But Tom knew better. Tom took in the clues fairly quickly and hadn't stuck around to tell Edd or Matt. He had to be sure. He went to his office and pulled up security footage of the last three hours. He watched as Tord got into the truck, ran over the guards and burst through the gates. His non-existent eyes were wide as he watched.

"He..He's not with us.." Tom said in shock. "Is he a spy of the red army? I've gotta tell Edd." He stood up grabbing his laptop and ran out of the room to Edds office. He bursted in panting. "Woah woah Tom slow down buddy. What's the rush??" Tom didn't answer just showed him the security footage. Edd was speechless. "Oh my god..." "what are we gonna do Edd?" Tom asked slightly panicked. He slept in the arms of this man and even allowed Tord to steal his heart.

"I'll tell ya what we are gonna do. We have ourselves a man hunt." He went to the wallow talkie. "All men take notice. A red soldier had infiltrated our base and escaped. I want all hands on deck and I want patrols searching for him. His name is Tord Larsson from what we know. Find him and bring him back ALIVE."  Edd turned to Tom who was visible distressed "We'll find him Tom-" "you don't understand!!" Tom started to explain everything. The ball, the kiss, his emotions, everything came out.

"You SLEPT with him?" Edd roared. "Not like that Edd, you know I can't get down and dirty." Tom was pacing. "None the less you didn't even know him!" Edd ran his hand through his hair. "It's not like I went out and spilled national secrets! I just told him about me! That's all he wanted to hear was about me!" Edd stopped "what?" He turned to Tom. "He only wanted to talk about me. My past, my job, my motivations, stuff like that." Tom looked at him confused. Edd stayed silent for a moment. "Tom your not allowed to leave the base." "What? Why?!" Tom yelled. "I don't think 'Tord' wants information on the base." "What...?" "I think he wants you Tom." Edd looked him in the eye his voice serious.

"B-but...why would he want me?" "I don't know. But for some reason you've sparked an interest in the Red army or, if possible, in the Red leaders eyes. You will not leave this base! I don't care who or what comes through that gate! They aren't getting you Tom. And you won't leave without my permission." Edd growled his eyes blazing with anger. Tom was scared but he couldn't tell if it was Edd or Tord. "Do you understand?" "Y-yes Edd." Tom said quietly. "Good." Edd pulled him into a hug. "Now go to your room and stay there. We'll handle the rest." He let go of the blue male. Tom shakily walked out of the room. He never seen Edd that angry.

He slunk back to his room and shut the door locking it. He stumbled to his bed and fell onto it trying not to burst into tears when he noticed something. A slip of paper tucked under his pillow. He gently pulled it out and looked at it.

'Hello darling.
I apologize for my sudden actions of violence. I never meant to scare you if I had. Don't worry, everything will be alright soon. I have to fix something but then I'll come back. For you my firefly. I promise I'll make things right.
Sincerely, R.L. Tord'

Tom started to cry as he gripped the letter. He hugged it to his chest curling in a ball. He was conflicted. He wanted to protect London and all of England. But he wanted him too. The sweet affection Tom has never felt before was like a drug that he craved. He wanted to save his home but he couldn't help but want him to. Why did he have to choose? It wasn't fair, Tord was a bad guy. He killed people and even lied to Tom about everything.

So why did someone so bad and evil...
Seem so good...?