Chapter 40:

Anthony's POV:

I had my hands around her waist that night.
We danced in the fancy restaurant down the street whilst my son clapped his little hands.
He was over the moon to see his mum & dad together.

——————————————-

But now I was sitting in a dark room holding her pale hand. She was loosing strength. Whilst I was loosing hope. Flashbacks of tonight rammed in my head.

This is how the night went:

"I really missed you", she said to me. She cleaned her face with a napkin and helped clean Chase's face.
I looked at her eyes , which showed agony & no hope.
"I missed us a lot", she repeated. I said nothing.
Instead , I got out of my seat and grabbed her hand , taking her down to the dance floor which couples were slow dancing on.
I took her hand in mine whilst she put her hands behind my neck.
I leaned in slowly and kissed her.
That was the only way I could show I missed her.
She meant so much to me , more than my words could express.
Chase was still sat in his little high chair looking at us. He didn't seem to mind , I looked at her and she giggled at me. Kissing my lips one more time.
And that was probably going to be that last time.

We got into the van and drove down to the beach.
Or that's what we were trying to do.
She said she was in charge of the wheel.
So I let her.
I didn't want to argue.

I had my hand on her thigh. Tracing small "I love you's"
She looked at me for one second and whispered "I love you" before it all spiralled out of control.

——————————————

I was taken out of my thoughts when the doctor came inside with little Chase in his hands.
He explained to me that he had little bruises here and there but he didn't have any major injuries and would be fine soon.
But he couldn't update me on my "one true love"
He handed me my son. And Chase was quick enough to grab on to my shirt.
He was horrified.

I turned around and the heart monitor was going crazy. Nurses and doctors came rushing in as I was pushed outside.
I slid down the wall. And watched them hover over her lifeless body.
I held onto Chase.
Don't let me go my love.
——————————————
AUTHORS NOTE:
Soooo guysss that was a dramatic turn to the story.
I nearly cried writing that.
The story is coming to an end guys I am sorry.
I am probably going to post the last chapter in like a few hours or tomorrow.
I love you all ❤️
I hope I didn't make you cry💍
If you guys want me to write a new story about somone please give me there names below. And hopefully you enjoyed.