[27] The Deal

-

[3rd PERSON's PoV]

"Do you like Simoun?"

"No!", Steph replied to the old Adriana while showing a clear disgust on her face.

"Then, care to explain what I have just witnessed?", nakataas ang kilay na saad ng matanda.

Tinitigan ni Steph ang taimtim na paggalaw ng dagat. "I just wanted to get even. He humiliated me in front of everyone including the class principal. Of course, I need to do something about it. No offense, Lola. But your apo is such a jerk. Irritating. I don't know! I'm out of adjectives! And, I'm willing to take all necessary class in English just to define Simoun. He and his arrogance!", naiinis na paliwanag ni Steph.

Adriana seems convinced sa mga sinasabi ni Steph. Mukhang ayaw nga ng dalaga sa kanyang apo.

"And with Collene?"

Steph shrugged her shoulders. "I just used her as a variable. I noticed how Simoun sparkles everytime Collene was around or being mentioned. Obviously, Simoun is into her. But, I don't really care what relationship they have. Sometimes confused pero nevermind", sagot ni Steph. Napatingin si Steph sa matanda. "Wait, you know Collene? Sabi na eh, girlfriend 'yun ni Simoun. Of course, you know her!"

"No, I didn't."

"Ha?"

"But, I have ways of knowing her. Stephanie, listen!", the old lady said with authority kaya napaayos ng upo si Steph. "Simoun and Collene are in a relationship but Simoun is not telling me and I am not asking or discussing it with him. Simoun didn't bring the girl even once to our house but he always bring it to his condominium near the school. But the contract of leasing that condo had already expired and I am not planning to give him one because I will never ever tolerate his secretiveness."

"Kahit naman siguro ako, di ko sasabihin sa inyo. Nakakatakot po kaya", bwelta ni Steph. Alam naman ni Steph na hindi nakakaintindi ng tagalog kaya sinasamantala niya iyon para makapagcomment. Bwahahaha.

"Do you have a death wish?", the old lady asked while raising one of her brows.

"Hehe. Nothing much. I'm saying that keeping a secret is bad. Your apo is very bad talaga!", palusot ni Steph.

"Talk or I'll push you!", banta ng matanda.

Napatingin si Stephanie sa maaari niyang kabagsakan. Hindi pa naman agad siya didiretso sa dagat kung sakali, mababagok lang siya sa mga bato at magagapangan ng kung anu-anong insekto. "Hala siya!", Steph whispered.

"I'm not joking!"

Steph nods her head and acts like zipping her mouth and laughed awkwardly without opening her mouth.

The old lady rolled her eyes. "As I was saying, talkative lady. I couldn't keep track of what's happening between them until I saw on the academy's website a news about them being in a relationship and the day after that is a news about their break-up which is a fake news."

Gusto sanang magreact ni Steph kaso naisip niyang life over necessity.

"Obviously, your eyes are asking why", natatawang sabi ng matanda.

Sumimangot lang si Steph. The old lady fix her face because that is very unlikely of her to smile.

"My assumption is, they executed a fake break-up so that when the news arrives to me, it will be about the break-up so that I will not further ask about it because that is very likely what I want to happen."