Part 9: enter ditzy nurse

"Goodmorning! You slept like a rock yes you did!" Oh lord, the perky and high pitched voice came in waves to my ears.
"Make it stop" I look up to see the school nurse leaning over my cot. "How long has it been?"
The nurse smiles and clicks her tongue. "Soo are you up for a little stroll around the classroom? We've got to check on your stability to make sure your lack of nutrients isn't getting to your muscles."
I sigh at the fact she ignored my question and stand, walking around with her looking at my calves was weird.
"So sweetie are you with your mom now?" I sigh and nod it's been about a week and she's been popping in and out of my school life now. 
I frown "She hasn't been talking as much though." The nurse smiles "Shes probably concerned for you sweetie, yep she is! "
  I roll my eyes at the her ear bursting voice. "Are you still working for your  job in criminal justice ?" She smiles "Studying everyday! Did you know that it takes a heart  about 30 minutes to an hour  to stop beating after being hanged?"
I sigh "It's just she isn't saying anything, it's concerning me because I'm used to her screaming at me. For possibly the first time I don't know what she's thinking..."
"Life doesn't work that way," she giggles " it's not about knowing what they're thinking, it's about knowing what they know."
I frown "Well of course you say that, but it's different when it comes to her."
She laughs "Regardless of how you feel about her, she's your mother...no ifs, ands, or buts, about it ."
I know that....but-
"Let's check you're blood pressure k?" She grins and checks it and it's odd slightly. "You need more nutrients dear yep, yep, yep you do."
"About my mother...well let's just say someone did something bad like really bad. Would being quiet be a defensive method or something? "
"It could work that way, criminal minds seems to prove that...but what I think is that person feels legitimately bad about what they did. Why else would they be scared to talk? They don't want to harm a relationship they're already on thin ice with."
I take that into thought. Could it be? But what exactly would she be feeling bad for now? She finishes "Alrighty dearie. Your done now, back to class."
She smiles and laughs. She's ditzy, annoying, loves the word "yep", and has a strange way of protecting her child but she's helpful and I wouldn't be here without her.
"Shes scared to harm a relationship? But what-" it hits me "that's it! After all this time!" I scurry off to class before I'm caught.