Chapter 10: daze

Running to the class I barley pay attention but I'm too busy planning out how to talk to her. I grit my teeth and frown at the situation.
  As the teacher teaches and all that jazz I'm having a life crisis.
"Delilah?" Stare...
"Miss.jones," stare...
I'm in a daze, the whole world is a blur. I don't see the teacher looking concerned and whisper to a student to get the principal.
I didn't know how long I'd been out but I knew that it'd been long enough to alarm them.
The principal pops his head in "Delilah? Is everything okay?" My face snaps at the tone of his voice.
"It's all good." I say and he nods. The class stared, chalk this up as another "crazy eating disorder moment" .
Slamming the keys on the table I speak "I need to see Mom," m. Father was confused. His brows scrunch up and his mouth opens. "Why?" I shake my head "I just need to."
He smiles "I knew you'd warm up to the idea, I feel that you'd be better off with a woman-" this was all gibberish and I didn't care. "Dad I have to talk to her now, please take me." He sighs "We can't just up and leave on a school night. What's with the sudden change of heart?"
"It's a girl problem." "Look if it's about the Red Sea then don't worry the "items" are on the list." I blush "no! Its not that."
"Is it about that Nathan guy? Do you like him or something?" "Huh? Why would you say that? No!"
He nods slowly "Alright well, let's go.." "what?" "Let's go, in any rate you're probably in a hurry to start recovering. I don't blame you. "
He was right, I was but this came first. I'd eaten more since I was stressed about the situation today.
We drive in what seems like silence for around 15 minutes. "Why do you want to go?" I frown "It's personal.." "you're my daughter, my beige eating daughter...so I'm sorry but you'll have to start telling me things even if you don't want to. It's not like I can trust you as I did before..."
I nod and keep quiet.
Once he pulls into her drive way. I get out and run to the door. "Mom!"
I run up the stairs.. "hey!"
"She's not mine...." I pause and press an ear to the door. "She's a kid I picked up off the street....look either you want her money or not."
I gasp..."she has money in her collage savings account, she's not exactly the one I want having it. Give it to your daughter... Shane look you're child will get no where without something! We have this plan negotiated?" I hear a "Yeah,I'll bring you the stuff soon."
She hangs up.
I feel myself fall apart, it hurts a little..no a lot. That's my mom...I thought she was.
I bust into the room. "What stuff Mom? " she turns and her face slowly glares "what are you doing here Delilah?" I sigh "I thought I would forgive you...little did I know you're still the backstabbing person I thought you were." She sighs "sit down honey." I stand sternly.
"Shane's in a bad situation so-" "so nothing that's my ticket into collage..." she laughs "Well I'm sorry honey, but your ticket to collage is Shane's now..."
what a jerk.