chapter 4.

Mason's pov

Waiting on something is always the worst. Your mind is constantly playing different scenarios in your head of what the outcome will be. When you're waiting on something it feels like time goes by so slow. Every second is like an eternity. I've been sitting here at my desk for an hour now. Just waiting for Hayes to walk through these doors. Our plan better have worked because now is when things are going to turn for them and for us.

-flashback-

I'm standing in the same alleyway where I met with Cole the other night. I've been waiting for awhile now and I'm starting to get the feeling this is all bullshit. Carter isn't really alive. I'm just giving my hopes up. There's no possible way he could be alive. This all is a set up so that they can get my drugs. As i'm about to leave, their cars pull up and I sigh. Something is about to go down. I stand there watching as they get out of the car gripping the brief case i'm holding.

"Good to see you again" Cole said.

"None of what you said is true, am I right?" I said.

"It's true, alright. You really think I would lie?" He said and I gave him a glare. "Actually don't answer that" He said.

"I'm not here to play fucking games, Cole" I said.

"And I'm not either...bring him out" He said to one of his guys. He walks over to the car and my heart rate starts picking up. I reach to my pocket where my gun is bracing myself for whatever's gonna happen. I see the guy walking back and when he appears in the light my heart drops. I look the familiar person in the eyes and can't believe it's actually him.

"Carter?" I said.

"Hey, uncle" He said. I stand there in disbelief not even knowing what to say to him.  Am I really standing face to face with Carter again?

"Untie him" Cole said and the guy untied Carter. How the hell is this even possible?

"Told you I was telling the truth" Cole said.

"You're really alive?" I said to Carter.

"It's crazy, I know. But i'm alive" Carter said.

"How? You've been alive this whole time? What...did you keep him hostage?!" I said talking to Carter then to Cole.

"Look, I know you want answers but we can do that later. I do recall we had a deal" Cole said.

"what do you even need them for?" I said.

"Not really your business now is it?" He said.

"It is my business. I don't just give these away to anyone" I said.

"What is it?" Carter said.

"Something that will make us unstoppable. Your uncle here has been working on some new creations. I think you'll enjoy them" Cole said.

"I don't trust you" I said.

"We had a deal! I'm not going to use these against you and your little gang. I'm not stupid. You remember me saying we could work together? The whole revenge thing?" Cole said.