Chapter 16.

Nova's pov

Do you ever have those moments where your body is just in shock.  You can't even process what's going on around you.  Everything just dims out.  All the chaos isn't being heard anymore.  Your mind tries to think of a way out.  A way to save you....but it freezes.  The shock of it all makes your mind go crazy.  All you know is that you have to keep going.  You have to keep fighting.
I have to keep fighting.

Another hard punch is thrown at me and I fling my head to the side.  I bring my hand up to my lip and notice blood.  I look to the girl Piper in front of me and she punches again. She kicks me back and I fall landing on my back.  I groan in pain and everything around me is non existent.  I take a couple deep breaths and then stand up again. 

"Why don't you just give up already" Piper said.

"Why don't you?" I said.  I punch her in the face and then I kick her to the ground.  I look to my left and see the gun sitting on a stool.  I start walking over to it but end up face planting the ground.  I roll over to my back and Piper hovers over me and starts punching me. 

Every punch that's thrown at me, I have to take in.  Part of me is saying to just give up.  You're gonna loose, Nova.  You stand no chance.  The other part of me is saying keep fighting.  I hear my name being called and I zone out.  Everything around me gets quiet except for his voice.  That's why I need to keep fighting.  Jason is my reason. 

I bring my knee up kicking Piper and then I push her off of me.  I roll over and spit up blood and then I stand up.  I start running towards the gun and I get a hold of it.  I cock it and then I turn around only to be shoved to the ground by Piper.  I notice the gun fell out of my hands and I cuss to myself.  Piper lunges at me and hovers over me holding the gun to my head.   Everyone in the crowd goes crazy.  Don't let this be it, Nova.

"You lost" Piper said.

"But did I?" I said and she looked to me confused.  I bring my fist up punching her in the face and she falls back.  I grab the gun from her quickly and then I kick her and she falls back.  I stand up and hold the gun to her and everything just goes quiet.  Everyone in the room shuts up and puts their attention to me.  I stand there holding the gun to her and she just laughs a little shaking her head. 

"Are you gonna pull the trigger?" She said.  I just stand there not doing anything.  What the hell is wrong with me? All i'm seeing are flashbacks of me holding the gun to Carter.  I hear my name and then I look over to see Jason.  I see him nodding his head and then I turn back to Piper.  I take a deep breath and then I pull the trigger.  The loud noise fills the room and no one moves or says a thing.  I drop the gun to the ground and then everyone starts screaming again.  Chaos fills the room and I take a step back. 

Suddenly all the pain and shock flows back through my body and everything goes black.

Jason's pov

Fear.  That's all I'm feeling right now is fear.  Fear and anger.  I've never felt fear before.  I've never had anything to be scared of.  I've always been tough.  I've always had a wall put up.  Fear doesn't run in my blood, but right now...I fear.  I fear what's going to happen to Nova.  I'm holding her in my arms and I'm running through the hotel halls.  We all go back to Tanners room and I lay her down on the couch.  The girls go to find a first aid kit and the guys are just hovering around the room worried.  I'm kneeling by her side holding her hand in mine.  Why would she do that? Why would I let her do that? I should've stopped her.  Who fucking cares about the drug, her life is more important.  I should've fucking stopped her.