chapter 7.

Hannah's pov

I have so much adrenaline rushing through me right now.  I can't stop thinking about my conversation with Tanner.  I've made it my mission to find Nova and Jason.  It all connects.  This isn't some coincidence.  I'm going to find this mafia and their leader.  We all are. 

Revenge is a powerful thing.  That's the only thing scaring me.  If they want revenge for what happened to Carter then Nova definitely is in danger.  It kills me not knowing what's happening to her or where she is.  But, we got something.  It may not be a lot but we're smart.  We've always been smart.  It's gonna be easy getting back into this lifestyle.  I have McCann blood running through me.  I won't fail.  But, we are going to need help.  That's why I'm at the sheriffs station.

"Hayes is the one who took Nova.  He works under this Mason guy?" Sheriff matthews said.

"Yes." I said.

"And he's related to Carter? The Carter who tormented and abused Nova? The one who was rivaled against Jason? The one Nova killed?" He said and I nodded.

"Yes, I know, it's all crazy. It makes sense though, they want revenge" I said.

"I don't doubt you at all. How did you find all this out?" He said.

"Tanner. He's a gang member of Jason's" I said.

"You know, I'm not gonna be able to save everyone." He said leaning closer to me.

"I'm not asking you to save everyone. Only the ones who deserve it" I said.

"And that would be Jason and his gang?" He said.

"Yes" I said.

"What's your plan from here?" He said.

"Figure out more about Mason. Find where he is and get them back" I said.

"Look, I'm going to help you. Do not speak about it though. All of this stays between us." He said.

"Got it" I said.

"You also keep me updated on everything" He said and I nodded.

"I will" I said. He took his glasses off then leaned back against his chair. "We're gonna put an end to this" He said.

"That's been long overdue" I said.

"You have to keep your word though. Jason changes. No more involvement with the criminal world. You want him out of prison, you do what I say" He said.

"Don't worry." I said then stood up. "I have to go now" I continued then he stood up too. He walked me to the door and I left the station. I hop into my car and then I rush back to the warehouse. There's no time to waste. Every second is spent trying to find Nova and Jason. Every. Second.

I arrive at the warehouse and go in and see Amber. "Sorry, I'm late" I said.

"Everyone's in the office" She said and I followed her. We reach the office and go in seeing Kylie, Lexi, Tanner and another guy.

"Anything new?" I said going over to everyone.

"We've got people who've had associations with Mason. Apparently they're not too fond of each other anymore. If we can meet up with this guy, we can possibly track Mason down" Tanner said.