Chapter 19.

Sheriff's pov

Now's the moment.  It's now or never.  I'm staring at this building in awe.  How could Mason get away with this for so long? I may never know the answer to that but I do know that it's not going to be for much longer.  I'm going to shut him down myself.

"There's a stairway on the side of the building.  That's how we get to the roof" Amber said.

"We get in and we get out" I said.

"Everyone got a weapon?" Tanner said and everyone nodded.

"I always have a weapon" I said.

"Let's go then" Tanner said.  We all approach the side of the building and we see the stairway.  Each of us climbs up and we look around to make sure the area is clear. 

"No ones up here" Jessie said.

"Let's move quietly" I said.  We all start walking until we find the right area that was on the blueprint.  We can't mess this up.  One mistake could throw everything off. 

"I think this is it" Amber said.  Brendon walks over and pulls it open and we all look to him.

"What?" He said.

"Wanna be any louder?" Amber said.  Brendon gets on his knees and looks in and then stands back up.  "Who's going down first?" He said.

"I will" I said.  I sit on the edge and then I go down into the vent.  I get on all fours and I start to crawl down the vent.  I keep crawling until I reach the end and then look through the other side and see the room.  I notice it's an office and I make sure I don't see anyone in there.

"What's the hold up?" Jessie said.

"Would you keep your voice down? I'm making sure the area is clear" I said.  Damn, no one here has any patience.  "It's clear" I said.  I push on the vent and then I get it off.  Instead of dropping it I pull it in towards me and put it down.  I go feet first and then I drop to the ground in the room and look around.  The rest of them come in and we all look to each other.

"Okay, first step down.  Now, time to get to the second floor" Jessie said. We all leave the room and we enter a long hallway. There's doors all down the hall. What the hell could be in all those rooms? I look over and see two guards walking down the hall and I push everyone back into the office.

"What are you doing?" Amber said.

"There's two guards down there" I said and started thinking. They all stare at me and then I come up with something. "Get the guards and bring them in here" I said.

"What?" Tanner said.

"Just trust me. Do it" I said and they nodded. Tanner and Brendon go by the door and look out the window. They back away and lean against the wall and then they open the door real quick grabbing the two guards as they walk by. They push them into the room onto the ground and we all hover over them holding our guns.

"Who the fuck are you guys?!" One said.

"Your worst nightmare" Jessie said being annoying as always. I guess he's right though. I'm going to be their worst nightmare.