chapter 13.

Jason's pov

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  Just the air reminds me of being home.  Suddenly I feel more powerful.  I start to feel like myself again.  Standing back on California grounds is just another step to finding myself again.  This is where it really starts.  This is where we start to take action.  My gang is here.  This is my territory.  I'm not leaving here without a plan.  Im not leaving here without my gang. 

Adam walks up to me and he holds up a pair of keys.  I grab them from him and then he just looks to me.  "I'll be back tomorrow night.  Unless you're dead...you all better be here" He said.  He gives me one last look and then he turns and goes back towards the jet.  We all back up and watch as he leaves and I look to the others.

"Let's go.  We got a lot to do" I said.  I press a button on the keys and a car starts beeping.  We all look over and then I start walking towards the car left for us.

"I have the address right here.  Guess this is where we're staying tonight" Grayson said catching up to me.  We all get into the car and then I start driving us to where the address says.  We drive for about an hour and then we pull up at a cabin. 

"Of course" Caleb said.

"Is it just me or has this whole mission been causing some serious deja vu?" Jade said getting out of the car.  Everyone else got out too and we all just stared at the cabin.  This just brings back memories.  I know all of us are thinking back to the nights we spent at the cabin. 

"Great..." Nova said starting to walk up towards the door.  We all watch her and then we all look to each other.

"I feel bad for her" Grayson said.

"Not too many good memories at the cabin for her" Caleb said and then started walking towards the cabin too.  It's true.  When we stayed at the cabin it wasn't a good time for her.  The whole situation where she drowned probably is in her mind.  I know it's in mine.  It wasn't all bad memories though...the cabin is where we had our first kiss.

"We could've at least gotten somewhere nice to stay" Jade said then walked up to the cabin.  It's just Grayson and I still standing here and I can feel his eyes burning into the side of my head.

"what?" I said.

"Nothing" He said shrugging.

"What is it?" I said knowing he has something to say.

"She's okay" He said and I looked to him.

"I know she's okay" I said.

"Are you okay?" He said and I looked away sighing.

"I don't know.  I'm all fucked up" I said.

"Talk to her" He said.

"About what?" I said.

"About you two" He said.

"She doesn't want to talk" I said.

"Yes, she does.  She's stubborn.  You and I both know that.  She's also scared, Jason.  Scared of loving you" He said and my heart dropped a little.  She's scared to love me?