chapter 14.

Tanner's pov

It's nights like this where I let my thoughts run wild.  Nights where everything is quiet and you feel like you're the only one on earth.  Nights where the moon shines and reflex on everything around you.  These are the nights where I can't stop thinking.  It's crazy to think about how fast things can change.  It's crazy how much our gang has fallen apart.  There's only a few of us still holding on.  I won't leave this gang.  Jason is going to come back.  Until then I've taken over the warehouse and will keep things under control.  I'm not letting everything he built be destroyed. 

I'm standing outside of the warehouse just looking at the moon.  I break out of thought and light a cigarette to smoke.  I lean against the wall and inhale the cigarette trying to push my anger away.  It's not the same anymore.  It's not going to be the same until everyone is brought back together.  I give Jason credit.  I give him credit for everything he's done.  Having to takeover the warehouse just showed how much work he actually puts in.  Being a criminal is hard enough, but leading a gang is tough.

I let out the smoke I inhaled and then I look up in front of me.  I see a car parked down the road and I perk up.  The door of the car suddenly opens and a dark figure gets out.  I drop my cigarette to the ground stepping on it and then grab a gun from the back of my pants.  I see the figure walking towards me and I hold up my gun aiming it towards them.  They put their arms up in surrender and I grip onto the gun tighter.

"Don't shoot" A mans voice said.

"Who are you?" I said.

"I have something for you" He said.

"I said who are you!?" I said.

"My name's Rob.  I was sent here by someone you know.  I'm not here for any trouble.  Only to deliver a message" He said showing me a piece of paper.  I hesitate for a minute and then I put the gun down and he walks up to me.  I notice it's an older guy.  I've never seen him before.

"Who sent you?" I said.

"A friend of yours.  It's all in this letter" He said handing it to me.   I grab it and look at it to see my name written on it.  "Get ready" he said and then turned and walked away from me.  I just stand there confused and watch as the guy drives off.  What the hell? I start opening the letter and I start reading it.  Suddenly I feel the biggest rush of adrenaline go through my body.  As I'm reading I can't help but be shocked.  How is this possible?!

Tanner,

It's me.  It's really me.  I'm alive and I need your help.  We all need your help.  There's so much to explain and I need you to understand all of it.  You're probably wondering where I am.  I was taken.  I've been a hostage all this time.  His name is Mason.  He's a leader of an Italian mafia. I won't be able to explain everything in this letter.  That's why I need to meet you in person.  We have a plan and you're a big part of that plan.  You and anyone else who can help.  The address below is where I need you to meet me.  Tomorrow night at midnight. I'm counting on you. 

Jason.

I just stare at the letter trying to process it all.  We were right.  We were right this whole time!Jason was taken.  Part of me wonders if this could be a set up.  The other part believes it's really him.  Either way, we're going.  I don't care if it's a fucking set up.  I'm going no matter what.