Chapter 6 Sophia The Earth Wizard

Serena and I set out on our first quest as a couple. We had to track down a criminal named SkullFace. Serena cringed at the sound of his name like she may have known him. She told me to let her take him out. We are a couple so I respected her decision.

I felt like we were being followed so I screamed, "Who's there!" Megan popped out of a bush and confessed that she was worried about us. I knew she cared about me, her little brother, so I didn't mind. Serena talked to her and tried to get to know her. They seemed to get along thankfully.

We felt like we were being followed AGAIN! Once again I screamed, "Who's there!" That mysterious S-class wizard Sophia popped out of a bush. She confessed that she was ordered by Makorav to keep an eye on us. She seemed cool so we didn't mind. We didn't know much about her so she explained her story to us.

She told us that she was a wizard of an independent guild called "Element Royal", a guild with the mission to protect the lives of good people and to vanquish evil. Element Royal has a policy where the guild members must volunteer at other guilds and help however they can. In this case, Sophia had to help Fairy Tail and that was what she was doing by protecting us.

We arrived at an old, abandoned building where SkullFace was reported to dwell in. Serena looked very angry and irritated like something was bothering her. All of a sudden she casted Howl of the Shadow God Slayer, destroying the building. We were in shock.

A shadow appeared out of the rubble. It was wearing a scull mask as if it was Lord Death. It casted shadow spells and aimed specifically at Serena. She still looked pissed and attacked it head on. One of its spells was about to hit me when Serena jumped in front.

I was beyond angry and out for blood. I felt as if I was the ocean during a tsunami. I casted a spell that I didn't even know, Rage of the Water God Slayer. It sent rushing water as strong as a waterfall towards ScullFace. It sent him flying into the rubble.

Megan guarded Serena while Sophia used a spell that turned the rubble into a wall blocking SkullFace from escaping. She then casted a spell called Rock Slide. It turned the wall blocking ScullFace into a barrage of boulders that slammed into him. He was down. I grabbed him and continued to pound his every last breath. Then I thought back on what Serena said.

~FlashBack

Serena: "I want to be the one to take him out"

~Time: Present

I finally stopped punching him. I punched him so hard his mask shattered to pieces. He resembled Serena but looked older and he was a man. She limped over with the little strength she had and looked at him. She looked down in disappointment. We contacted the magic council and they took him away. We headed back to Fairy Tail.

We brought Serena to Wendy so she could be healed by Wendy's magic. Makorav thanked Sophia for her wonderful assistance and so did we. Megan headed home and I stayed with Serena in the infirmary. Sophia headed back to her guild and waved goodbye.

I was very worried about Serena. I thought I could have lost her because I wasn't strong enough to protect her. I gave her a kiss and laid next to her on the hospital bed. I told her, " I am so sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you."

~SMACK~

Serena smacked me in the face and exclaimed, "You are the reason why I am living so don't you ever apologize to me again!" "I love you and I know you will always be here to protect me!" She then closed in on my mouth and kissed me passionately.

We both fell asleep. Who was this SkullFace and how did Serena know him? To be continued......

*********************************************************************************************************

Hope you guys enjoyed. I will be working on the next chapter soon enough so stay tuned my comrades! ^=^

-Markie