Chapter 13 Brothers of the Dark

Megan was in a state of uncontrollable fear. I knew that Ceren had darkness coming from his soul. The same darkness that came from Zeref, the darkest wizard in Fiore. He murdered our parents in front of us. Now his retched brother stands before us. I struck him as hard as I could with the spell Roar of the Water God Slayer. He used a strong dark spell that surrounded him, protecting him from my spell. He acted as if he wasn't trying to hurt us but I cared not. I blasted him with spells hoping to destroy him and the past but I couldn't hit him.

He tried proclaiming his innocence but I couldn't stop trying to destroy him. Megan held me back. I couldn't believe she was defending him. I was never going to be okay with them hitting it off. I will kill him and his brother. Ceren's brother is the reason why Megan, Gray, Serena, and my parents are dead.

I went back to the apartment. It was late and Serena was in bed. She was still awake waiting for me. I laid next to her looking like I had a lot on my mind. Serena stroked my hair and rubbed my back gently. I didn't want to see her depressed again so I kept my mouth shut. Serena is the love of my life as well as the reason why I live. I had to get my mind off of Ceren. Serena passionately kissed me and took my shirt off. All the hatred in my heart was wiped away. The heat between us warmed our beating hearts. When we are together, nothing can pull us apart.

The next day I headed to the guild with Serena to go on a quest for some jewel. We found a quest requiring us to slay a dark monster that was torturing a village not that far from magnolia. Serena was always excited when we went on a quest together. We both felt like we could conquer anything together. I was starting to forget about Ceren and Zeref. We finally reached the village. To our surprise, Megan was there. I gave her the silent treatment. Serena asked her, "Where is your boyfriend?" Megan replied, "He went out on a quest." I have never been mad at Megan but she just let the brother of the man who killed our parents go. At the same time I knew she loved him dearly. She gave me a hug and told me that everything was going to be fine. I felt better.

Serena and I searched the village with Megan. It was midnight when we heard a howl. It sounded strange, like it was evil. A figure stepped out of the forest. I thought it looked like a huge black wolf with red eyes. It gave a familiar feeling. I felt as if it was darkness itself in the form of a wolf.

We all attacked it with numerous spells. It wouldn't go down. All of a sudden it took a human form. It was...........

To be continued......

*********************************************************************************************************

Hope you guys enjoyed. I will be working on the next chapter soon enough but it may take some time. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Next chapter will be a plot twist so stay tuned.

-Markie