It's For The Best-25

Jennie doesn't sleep at all that night. Once morning hits, she decides to try and call Jisoo. No response. Jennie doesn't know if it's because Jisoo doesn't want to talk to her, or if it's because Jisoo is still passed out. All she wants to do right now is stay in bed, and mope about Jisoo.

"Hey Unnie, how are you?" Lisa asks, coming into Jennie's room.

"Jesus christ, you gave me a heart attack." Jennie says, clutching her chest.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"No."

"How did you sleep?"

"I didn't."

"Did you eat anything?"

"No."

"Did you even eat the pancakes we brought you?"

"I ate some of those."

"Anything else?"

"No."

"You need to eat something."

"No I don't." Jennie groans, throwing a pillow onto her face.

"It's not healthy for you to be like this, I'm gonna pick up some food. What do you want."

"Nothing. I just wanna be able to see Jisoo."

"Did you talk to her last night?"

"No, she was already really drunk."

"Did you talk to her friend?"

"Yeah."

"What did her friend say?"

"We just argued over who would take care of Jisoo in the morning. I only want to know that she's okay. But she didn't answer when I called her."

"So call her again."

"What's the point, she's not going to answer anyways."

"I don't know what to tell you at this point Jennie. Maybe you should go see her."

"Do you think she'd even want to see me?"

"I'm sure she would."

"But she said she didn't want to see me."

"I don't think she meant that. I think she just said it through the anger she had."

"Do you really think so?"

"Yes, I do. Now go clean yourself up, you look miserable and it's only been a day."

"I shouldn't."

"Jennie, if you don't go see her you won't know how she is. Don't you want to at least know that she's feeling better?"

"I guess."

"Good. So clean yourself up, and I'll go make you some cup noodles."

"No!" Jennie practically screams. "Don't make ramen. You're gonna burn the building down."

"Oh god, I'm not that bad, but at least clean yourself up so you look presentable."

"Thank you Lisa."

"Anytime Unnie."

~~~

You can do this Jennie. Jennie raises her fist, and hesitantly knocks on Jisoo's door, waiting for it to open. After waiting for what feels like an eternity, it finally swings open, revealing Jisoo standing in an oversized t-shirt.

"What do you need." Jisoo asks, with a sharp tone.

"I wanted to make sure that you're okay. Did Sana help take care of your hangover?"

"How do you know Sana?"

"I helped take you home last night."

"She left about half an hour ago."

"T-that's good." Jennie stutters, awkwardly rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Is that all you have to say to me?"

"I guess."

"Okay." Jisoo says, slamming the door back shut.

Jennie hesitates, before knocking on the door again.

"What do you want, Jennie?" Jisoo says, her breathing unsteady.

"I want to apologize."

"I don't need your apology."

"I just want you to know that I regret not telling you. Okay?

Jisoo looks at the ground, unsure of what to do next.

"I think I just need space for a little while. To gather my thoughts and everything. I'm not gonna come to work for a little while. Heck, I should just quit. I shouldn't expect you to keep my position open." Jisoo says quietly.

"No! D-don't quit."

"I miss you Jennie. But I don't trust you anymore. It's not just because of Irene, but it's because you thought I would leave if you had told me. I don't want that. I want whoever I'm with to trust me completely, so that I can return that trust as well. And I just want some time alone, alright? I'll come back to work sometime, just not soon."

Jennie looks at the ground, trying to keep tears from streaming down her face, and when she looks up at Jisoo, Jisoo looks like she's on the verge of tears as well.

"Okay. I'll respect that." Jennie says. "Goodbye Jisoo."

Jennie walks down the hallway towards the staircase before Jisoo starts chasing her.

"Jennie!" Jisoo calls out.

"Yeah?" Jennie slowly turns around.

"I'm gonna miss you. So much that it hurts me just thinking about it." Jisoo says quietly, before pulling Jennie into a hug.

"So don't stay away."

"I have to. I don't know what to think anymore."

"Please." Jennie begs, cupping Jisoo's face in her hands.

"It's for the best."

"I love you." Jennie whispers out, tears starting to stream down her face.

Jisoo pulls Jennie towards her, attaching their lips for a brief second, before pulling away and resting her forehead against Jennie's, tears starting to fall down her own face as well.

"Goodbye Jennie." Jisoo says, walking back down the hall to her apartment.