This is Only the Beginning-40

Jennie and Jisoo are walking hand in hand down the streets of New York, looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. Eventually, they come across a 99 cent pizza place and decide to get another pizza there.

"I never get tired of pizza." Jisoo sighs contently as she bites into her slice.

"Well, I guess it's good that we're in New York."

"I mean, it's so, so, amazing here, I could honestly live here forever."

"We should buy a place here." Jennie says.

"Jennie, you know I love you. You don't have to try and impress me with all of your money." Jisoo chuckles.

"I mean it. I like it here too. Maybe someday we can but a place here. Just a small one, and when you want to come back, we can stay here for as long as you want."

Jisoo smiles shyly and looks down at her half eaten pizza slice. Even after all this time, Jennie never ceases to put a smile on her face and make her smile profusely.

"So what's on today's agenda tour guide Jennie?"

"Well, we're gonna go to the MOMA, and whatever time we have left we can spend in Central Park."

"Sounds good. Are you done?" Jisoo asks, throwing her napkin on her plate.

Jennie nods her head and picks up the plates of both her and Jisoo, throwing it in the trash bin.

"We really are in the greatest city in the world." Jisoo chuckles as they pass a homeless man sprawled on the street.

"Ah, we need to hurry up. I want to get to the museum when it first opens." Jennie says, checking her watch.

The two hop into a cab and drive to the MOMA, Jisoo bouncing in her seat excitedly. The two spend about a good five hours at the museum, and Jennie is honestly extremely perplexed as to how Jisoo can just stare at different pieces of art for such long periods of time. Every once in a while, Jisoo will turn to Jennie with a giant smile on her face, and spit out a random piece of information dealing with the piece, but Jennie can only smile and nod. After they're done looking around the MOMA, they hop into a carriage and ride around Central Park. Jisoo leans her head onto Jennie's shoulder, and Jennie feeds her a small piece of candy.

"So how was your first day playing tourist in New York?" Jennie asks.

"It was incredible. Seeing all those art pieces, and getting to experience it all with the best person in the world was just an indescribable feeling."

"I'm glad you had fun." Jennie smiles, wrapping her arm around Jisoo's shoulder.

"One day, I'll take you on a trip like this. Anywhere you want to go."

"You really don't have to, I'll be happy as long as we're together."

"But I want to, tell me where you want to go now so that I can start saving."

"Fine. Jeju island."

"That's it? Seriously?"

"Yes. But like I said before, you have to be there as well."

"Okay, then we'll go tangerine picking on Jeju island." Jisoo chuckles.

"When I was little my mom and I used to go tangerine picking." Jennie smiles softly.

"Really? Oh, well then we'll find something else to do there. Like, riding horses or something."

"No, no, I'd really like to go fruit picking with you, it'd be really fun."

"I wish I met your mom." Jisoo says softly.

"I really wish you did too. She would've loved you. She would always tell me that no matter what, the most important thing in life is to be happy. And now that I've found you, I'm the happiest I've ever been."

"I make you that happy, huh? Can't say I'm surprised, I'm pretty great."

"Oh lord, I can't believe I'm marrying this person." Jennie laughs.

"What are you talking about? We both know I'm amazing."

"Yes, yes you are. You're going to be the best wife, and the best mom someday."

"I'm glad we'll get to parent together someday. But you're going to spoil our kids rotten, aren't you."

"Well if I don't, who will?" Jennie chuckles.

"Mm, that's why we're together." Jisoo coos, nudging Jennie's cheek with her nose.

The sweet scene is interrupted when the ride is over and Jennie helps Jisoo out of the carriage.

"Where are we going tomorrow?" Jisoo asks.

"We're gonna head to the Metropolitan Museum of Art."

Jisoo's face lights up and she skips ahead on the sidewalk, dragging Jennie by the hand.

"Jennie, I love you, and I can't believe that we're actually going to a place that I've been dreaming of seeing for my entire life."

"I told you that I'd take you around the world. This is only the beginning."

~~~

song recommendation: "I'd Rather Be Me" from Mean Girls on Broadway

A/N: I decided I'd do song recommendations, but they have nothing to do with the chapter  it's just the songs that I'm into.  Anyways, I'm so sorry that this chapter took so long to get out, and it definitely doesn't make up for the wait, but I'd also like to notify you guys that I'll be a little inactive.  I'm currently preparing for finals, and over summer break I'll be in Japan for a little while.  Hope you all understand, I love you all!<3