Chapter 9- Stupid Stupid Rain!

Chapter 9

English held more writing notes on the play but we weren't able to practice because Miss kept saying 'Do it in your own time and don't waste mine', she may be nice at times but right now she was a kill joy. I took a copy of the script with me so that I could look it over and obviously practice it tomorrow. Nothing happened in music, well of any interest. I left with this feeling of boredom but was shocked out of it when Cilia near enough leaped at me.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" she was very excited about coming to my house, obviously.

"Uhhh your welcome? But I don't know why you're thanking me." Cilia let go of me and gestured towards her head.

Because I have wanted to talk to someone about all of these other species or people since I found out that they existed! She had a huge smile on her face I'm sure the Cheshire cat would be jealous. And, since you are one of them, I can talk to you more freely about it. Well, think it.

Ooohhh OK, well it's no problem I mean you're one of the first friends I've had. I wasn't lying when I said that, it's true I've never really been anywhere long enough to make any friends. I made one friend but that's beside the point and it was in kindergarten. I don't even remember her name.

"Oh Cilia before we do anything I just have one question for you." She looked a little disappointed that I hadn't talked to her through her mind. If we always talk through our minds people will notice and they would eventually find something out. I thought that part to her though. She was confused at first but then she understood what I meant.

"Go on..." she lingered on the word 'on' nodding her head for me to carry on. I started walking to my car as I spoke.

"Do you have a car?" Cilia was hot on my heals but faltered a little when I'd asked the question.

"N...no I don't I walk to school most days and the others my dad drops me off." She looked embarrassed by her answer.

"Hey it's OK I can drive you ya know, I'm not that cruel." I chuckled trying to lighten mood, she started giggling as well which was a good sign.

"So which ones yours?" she asked while scouting the parking lot.

"Mine, is that gorgeous beast right there." I pointed towards my purple mini a few parking spaces to the right of us.

"Wow. It's a bit small isn't it?"

I stopped, staring at her with my mouth dropping. "He is the best car on 4 wheels. You ever heard of that saying 'big things come in small packages'?" she shrugged and continued to walk towards my car.

I was only joking. She sent me through her thoughts. I sighed but went to my car and unlocking it. We both got in the car and were yet again submerged with the long line of people to get out of the schools parking lot. When the long 10 minutes passed my phone started ringing, the song payphone by maroon 5 consumed the car. I had to stop by the pavement just outside the school gates to safely pick it up. Yes I do have a safe bone in my body, but you never know what could happen so it's always good to be safe.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie." My mom sang at the other side of the phone.

"Hey mom. What's up?" I heard shuffling in the back ground. Must be dad doing what dad does.

"We are going to be away for the rest of the week, there's a beautiful flower that's rumoured to be in Bolivia..." I cut her off before she could finish.

"I get it mom don't worry I know the drill." I smiled into the phone. "Be careful you guys, not that you won't, and go change the world one plant at a time." Mom chuckled in her joyful soft voice.