Chapter 2- And You Are?

Chapter 2

"Here we are." He smiled widely. "Locker 235. Anything else girl-with-no-name?" he gave a little chuckle. How could I have lacked the ability to introduce myself?

"Its Beth, Gregorio." His name coming easily to my lips.

"well Beth it was nice meeting you." Gregorio said with a smile. As I heard his voice there was a hint of Irish twang, giving his voice a good solid bass. I smiled back and started to put in my locker combination.

Greg leaned on one of the neighbouring lockers and watched as I fiddled with the handle.

"Grrr. It's just not working. What is wrong with this bloody thing?!" while I banged my hand against the locker.

"You gotta be more forceful." He said trying not to laugh.

"Well you do it if you think you know so much." I moved away so he could work his stuff. Whatever stuff that may be. Within 10 seconds he got it open. I frowned at him.

"How'd you do that? And so quick?"

"I've got skills. But it's also because I've been here for four years." He smiled cheekily. I stuffed my bag in my locker but took out my pencil case.

"What you got?" he asked me. I handed him my time table and soon after he started grinning.

"What?" I finally asked because I couldn't take his random smiling anymore.

"I have 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th with you. Since your new here why don't I show you around?"

"Well if you could show me where my home room is I'm sure you could meet me there." I gave a cheeky smile of my own.

"Hmmm, deal." Relaying his cheeky smile in response. I let him weave me through the crowds of people. A few left turns and we were at room 4.

"So where is your home room?" I asked, curiosity lined my voice.

"Room 3, next door and Geography is the other side of your home room."

"Small world, or just small school." I giggled at my own sad joke and was surprised when he laughed to. Which only made me laugh more.

"There you are baby!" a high pitched voice called from the crowd breaking the laughing fits. She was a red head with hazel eyes, she also smelled like a vampire. Great. She was petit, even shorter than me and I thought I was small. She seemed like a cheerleader with her broad build, which only confirmed my thoughts that Gregorio was popular. The girl was wearing a strapless pink top with denim shorts and pink ballet flats. Her red hair falling in waves and stopping just above her cleavage.

When she reached us she hurled herself at Gregorio and barely gave me much more than a glare.

"Karla this is Beth. She is new here." Greg explained. The girl, Karla still didn't seem so interested I mean who would, I looked like a freak with the clothes I'm wearing.

"Uh, hey." Was all she said before trying, but unsuccessfully, to get super physical with Greg. He just kept pushing her away and sometimes growling. I wasn't sure if I should take that as a wolf thing or a vamp thing, they both growl at some point.

"Uh I'm going to go to into home room. Ill uh see you guys in class." I smiled and waved. I thought I saw Greg pleading me to stay or at least get her off him.

I went to go find a seat and hide so no-one would ask me anything or hopefully not notice me and my scent. But most people would notice that because I smell differently than just the individual scents. I found a lovely spot by the back, closest to the windows. I just sat on the chair in my hoodie and glasses waiting for the first bell to go. As I thought it the bell rang for home room to begin.