Twenty seven

Ashki's POV

"Ashki? Why aren't you talking to me?" Luke caught up to me in the hallway. "Don't take it personal, I'm not talking to anyone." I said sarcastically, turning to him.

Mistake number one.

"What's on your face?" He turned my face back to his gently, looking at my red and probably bruised cheek.

Almost everyone had left now, I was. Just waiting for Drew to take me home.

"Who." He went back to his regular, looming posture.

"The hell," he grabbed my hand gently.

"Hit you." He said it more of a demand then a question.

"I swear to god if it was Drew, and I wasn't there for you, I-" just then, almost on cue, Drew walked past us.

"You hit her," Luke growled in his face.

Drew didn't react.

"She slapped me first." He said, "Just a sibling wrestling match is all, Hemmings." He said, before taking the both of us by surprise when Luke pushed him up against the locker.

"You know it was more than that." Luke said. "Luke, don't do anythi-" "He can't do any worse than what I did to you if he tried." Drew cut me off.

"Maybe she doesn't talk to you because you always interrupt her." Luke got off of him, as Drew scoffed.

"She's afraid of the world." He rolled his eyes. "You know why, though. You were worse than me at some point." I worked up courage.

Mistake number two.

"I got over dad but Luke will turn out to be like him. I don't want you getting hurt." He tried to persuade me to be on his side.

"You are a raging hypocrite." I scoffed, Luke stepping in front of me to guard me from saying something I'll regret.

"Get off of her." Drew stepped towards Luke. "I have never nor will I ever hit your sister, I should be the one saying that to you." Luke said calmly, much different than a few seconds ago.

"You don't even know our family. You don't know her." Drew spat.

"You don't know half of what you think you know about me, Drew." I stepped out from behind Luke.

"Ash..." Luke warned.

"Name one thing I don't know about you." He challenged, crossing his arms.

"I hate myself." I said, turning around and leaving the school building.

Mistake number three