Fourty one

Ashki's POV

Luke was staring at me, and I was staring back for a change.

I looked out at the almost green lake, wondering if this was even legal. Just coming up and sitting on the dock

"I'm not gonna let Drew do this to us." I promised. "He doesn't realize how much you've changed me. I'm better. Is it hard to tell?" I asked, and he lied me down on the dock.

"You're hard to read. But Drew is also not very observant, so yes." Luke smiled.

I stared into his beautiful clear blue eyes. In the almost setting sun, I could see his sharp jawline become more prominent. His hair was a little flatter than his usual quiff, but I like it like this, too. It makes him look younger.

"I love you." I told him.

Luke smiled stupidly, his perfect teeth showing through his pink lips and taking the black ring between them.

"I love you too." He nodded, as if we've never said it before.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have nothing be yours? Not even, decisions?" Luke asked after a long silence lingered between us.

"You mean The Giver?"

"No, I mean...have your whole life planned out for you."

"I don't have to." I reminded him. He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion, then seemed to understand. "I don't want to go to Princeton." I shrugged, sitting up. "I don't want to be perfect, like everyone expects. I could stay in Florida, just to get away from my family. I can go anywhere else, just not that stupid collage." I scoffed.

"That really must be annoying." He took my hand, chuckling a bit. I nodded.

"What about you? Where are you going?"

"Back to Australia." Luke replied quickly.

My eyes widened, and I sat up and wrapped my arms around him.

Going back to his home was a big change, especially after he had been "missing" for two years.

"I'm proud." A smile spread across both of our faces. "But where are you gonna live?" I asked. "Still in Sydney, but I'm not sure I want to see my mom right away." Luke explained. "So I sold my car, and I've saved enough money after these two years that I can buy a pretty decent house." He smiled.

Luke seemed to he in a really good mood tonight, despite getting punched in the face.

"You sold your car?" I laughed, flicking a piece of annoying hair behind my shoulder.

"Yup." He nodded, and I laughed again. "You're crazy." I pushed him playfully. "Not enough, Ashki." He insisted, mindlessly playing with the ends of my hair.

"You wanna help me pack?" I turned to him, my voice small. Luke gave me a look, as if to warn me.

"Drew wont be home, you won't get pummeled again." I laughed, and he punched my arm playfully. "I wouldn't have gotten pummeled if I didn't have to tell him not to hit you."

"I know. Thank you." I cooed.

"You're welcome. And yeah, I'll help you pack." He rubbed my back.

okay guys these chapters are gonna start getting shorter cause I think we have like three more. and there won't be a sequel cause I suck at those but yeah there will be an epilogue.

im in love with Luke at the moment like yas go sell your car to go back home luke he's all responsible and stuff awh