Fourty five

Ashki's POV

I looked around at Luke, who was putting the last picture frame of him and the boys at graduation on the dining table, feeling actually at home.

Luke plopped down on the new bed, his head in my lap. "So...we did it." He laughed.

"We unpacked?" I asked, amusedly.

"No, I mean...we did it." Luke stated again. I cocked my head, not understanding what he meant.

"We ran away. We get our own life now. We're free." He elaborated, another smile that has been sketched into his flawless features for the past two weeks.

"Are you glad?" He asked, peering up at me.

"You know, this is the first time you've left Florida. Are you happy about it?" He continued. "I'm more than happy." I laughed, kissing his forehead.

"I am too. Cause now I get to cuddle you all the time, and I get to see you next to me when I wake up, and I get to have tickle fights with you, and I get to see you in my flannels and sweatpants, and maybe you'll even make me breakfast on Sundays." Luke's eyes sparkled with sheer anticipation.

"Sundays?" I ignored his adorable little speech about how exited he was. I ruffled his hair up like a little kid, him raising his hand to fix it back. I pouted, making him huff out a laugh.

"My mum always made me breakfast on Sundays." He shrugged.

"Maybe I will." I beamed down on him.

Luke stared back up at me for a while, his blue eyes flickering in between my eyes and my lips.

"I love you." I could barely hear his comment.

I've heard Luke tell me he loves me a lot, and every time it meant more than the last. It just meant he still loved me, like he wasn't letting go. And no matter if I scream at the scale, or pull out my hair from stress, or go back to cutting, he will always remind me that he loves me.

And this time, we're free to say it whenever we want.

"I love you too." I repeated, Luke flipping us over.

My ankles were around his waist, and he pinned me to the bed.

"I love you so much, Ashki." Luke laughed, and before I could respond, his lips were smashed to mine.

It was heartfelt, but passionate.

I looked back up at him, who stared intriguingly down on me.

I heard a few seagulls squawk outside, our house bing right next to the ocean. Both of our heads snapped to the window, making us giggle simultaneously and Luke fall on top of me, not being able to hold himself above me any longer.

Luke led me outside our new home, taking me to the ocean. He kicked off his shoes, taking his shirt off and running out into the shore to do a cannon ball, making me fall into the clean sand from laughing.

"Ashki," Luke whined, begging me to come in with him.

His matted-down hair made him look younger, and his blue eyes were just about the color of the ocean surrounding him.

I caved in, deciding it was about time that I finally went into the water this year.

I cannonballed, like Luke, who encouraged and cheered me on.

Luke had already made a comment about my bra choice, but at this point I don't care as much as I used to. He quickly apologized, and I splashed him, and that's how we ended up in this all-out fight of who can get one another the most wet. Although it didn't make much sense to me, we were both already wet.

It ended up being a splash war, salt water flying in all different directions, sometimes in our mouths.

Luke pulled me underwater, and I opened my eyes quickly to meet his.

He waved, puffing out his cheeks like the loser he is.

I didn't have the chance to wave back, because Luke pulled me into him by my waist and picked me up out of the water, my legs wrapped around his waist.

He spun me around, my laugh filling the void of the empty beach. I looked down at him, my hands hooking around the back of his neck.

"You like Australia so far?" He asked, amusedly.

"Yeah, a lot." I responded, a huge smile spreads across his face.

"Good." He said, my body sliding down his to meet my feet with the soggy grains of sand.

I looked up at him for a while, both of us thinking the same thing. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, until I felt his hand come up to cup my blushing cheek.

I finally stood on my tip-toes and tangled my hands in his hair, our lips pressing against each other again.

I knew then that all that mattered was that Luke and I were here now, and we were happy.

And we were happy.

Because as far as I'm concerned,

it's Luke and I against the world.

The End.