Twenty two

Ashki's POV

"I'll just listen." I said, hearing the nice chords. "Ashki," Luke stopped playing, resting his hands on the strings to dampen them. "If you dance, I'll...I'll sing for you." He said.

"Huh?" I asked, dumbfounded. I wouldn't in a million years see Luke as a singing type of guy. Maybe a background guitar, considering he's shy. I know I'd never dream of performing anything in front of an audience, let alone sing a song that I wrote myself.

"I'll sing the song." He said, "Only if you dance." He continued.

"Fine." I agreed, just because I wanted to hear him sing.

He looked nervous as he smiled at me, strumming the chords carefully, and then began singing.

"Within a minute I was all packed up, I've gotta ticket to another world. I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go." He started singing.

His voice was what you'd expect from him, but not any 17 year old boy.

It was deep, and melodic, and smooth, and absolutely incredible.

"Wait, Luke." I stopped him. Sadness and embarrassment took over his face.

"Why have you never told me you sang?" I asked quietly. "Uh, I was embarrassed? Ashamed, almost?" He questioned himself.

"You should have earlier, because I heard one line and I can already tell your voice should be legendary." I a smiled, shaking his hands excitedly.

"You scared the shit out of me." He sighed, looking back down at the guitar.

"Continue, Lucas." I said, as he smiled.

"Stand up," he said first. "Hm?" I asked, confused at his command.

"We had a deal." He said, glaring at me.

"Oh yeah." I sighed, standing up.

He sang the first line, the only one I knew, and began singing and strumming again.

I moved slowly, mainly ballet moves, some just coming from wherever the place my mind comes up with these weird dance moves.

"She sleeps, alone. My heart wants to go home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you." He sang, as I sang along.

He stopped strumming, and I tried to wrap up my small dance as quick as I could, as Luke watched me in awe.

"You know the lyrics already?" He asked. "I have a system." I shrugged.

"May I hear it?" Luke asked, patting the empty spot next to him. I sat down, and put my knees to my chest.

"If I hear the intro, and I can tell its a good song, I start listening really closely to the lyrics. It's really the only thing I'm proud of, because I can say the next time I hear the song, I can sing the first verse and chorus, probably the bridge, too." I said. "Good system." He shrugged.

"I've never heard you sing." He pointed out.

"You're lucky." I said, as he laughed. "I'd like to hear it," he said in a sing-song voice. "Oh, god no." I laughed. "Why?" He asked. "For me, I have one talent. It's dancing. Singing? Not so much. Guitar? I'm getting there." I said, as Luke laughed.

"Hey, so your brother has forgiven me." He said in a proper way. "Oh, how lovely-wait, what?" I asked. "I know right? I don't know what he realized, must have snapped out of it and seen that we're just friends." He said, fiddling with his thumbs.

"Yeah, just friends." I sighed, I hope he didn't hear, but I don't think he did.

Good.