Fourty two

Ashki's POV

GUYS WE REACHED 300 READS THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE ILY ALL

Luke and I were laughing our heads off at the thought of chickens with arms. Even worse, fingernails as life-sized people with jobs.

"Why do we of all people think of this stuff?" I asked, still catching my breath.

"Maybe we're insane." Luke suggested. "Maybe." I nodded.

I packed more clothes into my third box, Luke putting in pictures and such.

He stopped on one, and looked at it for a while.

"Was this him?" He held up the picture.

I glanced at it absentmindedly, but then looked back and smiled.

"Yeah." I sighed.

The picture was taken by my mother, me and Drew were cuddled up to my dad on his huge leather chair that he loved, and he was pretending to be asleep, just to make us beg to play with him.

"He was a good dad once." I packed another sweater into the box, smiling at the memories of the "good ol days"

"Lets take a break. We've been packing for hours." He groaned.

"Alright." I agreed, setting down the picture frame in the "attic" box, rather than the "collage" one.

"Lets go to..." He pondered for a moment. "I know exactly where. Grab your jacket, Ashki." Luke almost jumped up and down like a little school girl.

"Are you serious?" I looked up to the huge baseball stadium. "It's not what you think, okay? I promise you'll love it." Luke assured, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the stadium.

To my surprise, there weren't screaming fans everywhere, instead a few people carrying around red and blue intertubes. I looked over the railing to see a huge ice slide, and looked back at a grinning Luke.

"Oh my god," I laughed. "We used to always go snow tubing when I was little. It was the best thing about winter break." I explained my excitement.

"Thank you, Luke." I said kissing the tip of his nose.

It was actually really cold, considering they have to turn down the thermostat for the ice not to melt.

I got to the top of the line, feeling the ice become slippery under my feet.

"Luke...I-" "Come on, Ash. We're young and crazy." He insisted, laughing at his own cheesiness.

"So crazy." I mumbled, making him laugh harder.

I breathed in the cold air, and sat down on the tube.

"We'd like to race." Luke told the pusher-people.

"Cause I'm gonna demolish her." He stuck out his tongue.

"You wish, Lucas." I scoffed, gripping onto the handles.

And Luke had a disadvantage because he stuck his long, skinny jean covered legs out and made less momentum, thus landing second place.

And me winning first.

"I'm gonna demolish her. Ladadadada." I mocked, carrying my tube with more trouble than expected.

"I'll get you next time, Waters."

"Doubt it, Hemmings." I shot back, making him laugh and shake his head as we treaded up the stairs to go another round.

Now we had packed Luke's bags for Australia, and Luke was casually talking to Michael and Calum. I was sitting against his chest and in between his legs. It was actually really comfortable, surprisingly. Whenever he laughed at these extremely weird, (but in a funny way) boys I could feel his chest vibrate. I liked feeling Luke's heartbeat against my back, his chest rising and falling heavily.

It was a peaceful feeling, too. Luke is just happiest with his friends, and I'm here with him. It's like he's in an alternate world, but not really in the bad way. If you didn't know Luke like I do, you'd think he was a completely different person.

"I don't want to go home." I complained once Michael and Calum left. "Don't." Luke replied simply, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Will you have a sleepover with me?" He dragged out the "e" and knelt down so he could make puppy eyes while looking up at me.

And yes, that's how big the hight difference between Luke and I is.

"Okay." I agreed, and he burst into a smile.

"I don't have clothes." I pointed out. Luke nodded, throwing me one of his flannels.

I turned away from Luke and put it on, giggling at how long it was on me.

"You should wear my clothes more often." Luke commented, picking me up by my waist and flopping me on the bed. He hovered over me, his hands on either side of my head.

"I love you." He mumbled, smiling down at me.

I didn't say anything, just pulled his face down to mine by the nape of his neck.

Our foreheads were pressed together, staring intently in eachother's eyes.

"I love you, too." I laughed, kissing him.

And it was true.

I love every aspect of Luke. The way he is insanely talented in music, and math. And how his blonde hair is always quiffed up, and how he's constantly smiling when with me. I love his laugh to no end, his voice makes goosebumps rise. The way his soft lips contrast with the cold, hard metal of his lip ring when we kiss. His eyes can take breath away, and he's the sweetest, cheesiest person I've met in my life.

And I love him.

I just hope he feels like this towards me as much I do as him.

"Ashki?" Luke lied next to me, as we both looked at each other. "You know how in movie they're alway really dramatic with the relationships and stuff? Like how they say they can't live without the other?" He questioned.

I nodded, burying myself seeping into the blankets.

"I feel like one of those people right now. Saying their last goodbyes, and stuff?" He pulled me closer to him by my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Ashki, I don't think I can live without you."

im in love with Luke too ash donut worry

~emmaaaaa