Ten

Ashki's POV

One of my favorite words that I've known for a while is adulation. It's a strong admiration. The synonyms could be affection, adoration, or even love. I've never felt adulation before, I imagine it to be nothing like the movies.

I've learned that over the years, movies are just false hopes.

I imagine it being a lot of fighting, and trying to get yourself out of it. Out of the feeling of wanting being around this person, because you'll fall harder than you ever intended.

That's what Ronnie tells me, actually.

Her and Harry became close over the month of silence between Luke and I. I think they're dating now, and I can now kind of see why I thought they would be cute together.

She tells me that you know when you know. That it takes time for some people, and for others, it's love at first sight.

She tells me all of this like it's that easy, but I know it's not.

I know because I witnessed my dad falling out of love with my mom. And the same with her. He wasn't my dad anymore, he was a man that was drunk 50% of the time, and a man I didn't want to grow up around.

But I did, and now I know for future references.

So in a way, my dad helped me by snapping me out of my stupid fairy tale perception, and got me to realize that this world is cruel,

and that a word like adulation shouldn't exist.

Luke's POV

Ashki seems to be the only thing I look forward to, now. It's not like I like her or anything...I just want to learn how to dance.

Then I remind myself,

"you're learning to dance so you can go to prom with her."

"Now, try and spin again." She instructed. I did as told, and tried to be as coordinated as her. Her hair moved behind her back effortlessly, as did the rest of her body. "Your getting it," she encouraged as we moved slowly. "This sucks," I said. She laughed, and turned back to me. "Why?" She asked. "I suck. Meaning, this is useless." I said. "You're just getting too easily frustrated. Come on, we'll slow down if we need to." She said.

Ashki's POV

He actually was getting the hang of it, just slowly. He needed more practice. "When is prom?" He asked. "Um...25th of April, I think." I said. "You don't need to worry about that, though. I'm determined to get you to waltz like a pro." I said. He let go, and turned off the music. He took my hand, and started leading me out the door. "What are you doing?" I asked nervously. "I said I'd take you on a roller coaster." He said, looking around outside the worn-out dance studio. "It's the perfect day to go to an amusement park." He said, smirking. "Will you?" He asked. I looked at his hand holding mine tightly, he looked at it too, but didn't let go. I looked at my gold wrist watch. 3:45. "I need to be home by 5:00," I looked up at him. "That's enough time. Come on, your fun to be around." He said. I scrunched my eyebrows a bit. Most people think I'm too quiet to be fun, that I'm too reserved.

I guess Luke is different.

"Ashki," he said, still holding my hand firmly. I laughed at his adorable character, and nodded. "I'll go ride a roller coaster with you," I said. "Lets go," he pulled me behind him.