Just Tried to Help

*Emily POV*

I woke up to the sound of someone coughing. I look up and I see that I'm in a room on a bed. I look around to see where I was. I looked to my left and I see him. He sitting on a chair. His hair was such a dark brown it was almost black. He was wearing a black T-shirt that fir his muscular frame. His pants were a dark blue and he wore black Nikes. His eyes were as dark as dark chocolate, and they were looking at me almost as if studying me. I guess I sat up too quickly because I started to get dizzy.

"Hey, do you need help?" He said standing up.
"No, I'm fine, thank you," I said throwing the blanket off of me and got off the bad. I got dizzy and the world started to tilt. His strong arms caught me and held me for support.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yes I'm fine just a bit dizzy," I said.
"Do you need help?"
"No, I'm fine,"
He let go of me and I fell forward again. The world just kept tilting. His strong arms wrapped around me. I looked up and his eyes sparkled with humor as his lips lifted upward. He probably wasn't expecting me to be stubborn and thought it was funny that I didn't want any help, even though I needed it.
"My name is James," He said.
"Emily," I said, "Sorry."
"About what?"
"For being stubborn, I get it from my parents."
"Oh... that, I barely noticed it."
He helped me until I was able to walk.
"How did I get here?" I asked.
"Well, I was throwing the trash away behind a hotel. All of a sudden there was a bright light and I saw you in the alley. I went over to you and you were unconscious. I picked you up and brought you to my house." He said.
"So this is your house, it looks nice for a guy."
"Are you saying my house isn't supposed to look this way?"
"That's not what I meant, I meant that most guys don't really clean and they are usually-" I say looking up and see that he was smiling and his eyes were sparkling.
"Were you kidding?" I asked.
He nods his head and I hang my head in embarrassment.
"I really need to go, thank you for helping me. I appreciated it." I say walking out the front door. 
"Nice to meet you," he said and I walked away.

*James POV*

"Were you kidding?" she asked."
I nodded my head and she hung her head as though she were embarrassed. I started to feel bad for doing that. I told myself that I'm not going to go out with this girl if I'm mean to her.
"I really need to go, thank you for helping me. I appreciated it," she said walking out the door.
"Nice to meet you," I say.
She paused for a moment then continues walking. I watch her as she fades into the horizon. I meant to ask how did she get here. But I never got the chance. 

I went inside to get ready and go to work. When I got there it was five past two. I was late. I basically ran up to my boss.
"Hey J.J. Sorry I was late," I said.
"It's fine but it shouldn't happen again," J.J. said.
"Yes sir, it won't happen again."

I got to work but all I could think about was Emily. When she looked down in embarrassment as I nodded my head and when she didn't look at me when I said nice to meet you. She just paused and kept walking.
"James?" J.J. said frightening me.
"Yes sir," I said.
"You seem distracted,"
"Oh, it's nothing,"
"Well, it's something since you put the pictures on the couch and the pillows on the dresser. It's a nice look I should do it in my house."
I look around and like he said the pictures were on the couch and the pillows were o the dresser.
"My bad sir, I'll fix it right away," I said trying to fix it and he catches my arm.
"Not until you tell me what's up. We have been friends since grade school, I know when something is up." J.J. said.
"Sorry," I said sitting down, "It's this girl and I like her. She's beautiful and very stubborn but I like that. I'm mean if you saw her you would say she's breathtaking. There's nobody here that can compare with her. I don't think I'll see her again and I embarrassed her. She left before I could get a number address and before I could ask her out."
"Why was she at your house?"
"I saw her in the back alley where the dumpster was and she looked hurt. So I picked her up and put her in my car. I took her home to make sure she was okay."
"Dude if someone saw you put her in the car they would've thought you drugged her and was kidnapping her. What would that look like on our reputation?"
"I know, I'm sorry I couldn't help it. I wanted to help her."
"Let's just hope nobody did what people thought you did if they saw you." He said, "And also take the rest of the day off. Clear your mind."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
I left the hotel and went home and kept thinking, is she okay?