HayaRyu | Me, You

Death came knocking on our door...

But I didn't know that they would take you away from me...

"Congrats, Hayato!"

You were smiling back then. You were so happy, so bubbly.

You can't leave me. What about Kotaro? And everyone else? Why...?

"We got our dream jobs, huh?"

"Congrats again!"

Come back, Ryuichi. Please...
I'm begging you...

"Hayato!"

"I'm freezing to death here. Couldn't you at least brought a heat pack?!"

When I was locked out, I wanted warmth. My brother was so stupid, and I had to wait for the old woman. You saved me instead. I could've grabbed you and embraced you then. I wanted your warmth then.

Now, all my days and nights turned cold without you here. I wouldn't say that your side of the bed was untouched. I attempt to fix it even though it's not being used by anyone. I also slept on the floor a lot now.

I'm not desperate to have you back.
I just miss you. I really miss you.
I won't pray to God to bring you back because you already live in my heart.

You know, I officially hate the color white. Hospitals make me sick too. When I saw you in one, it was unsightly for me.

I couldn't do anything. No matter how much I begged and prayed and cried. I couldn't save you.

"It's your 254th day here."

"Heh, did you really count that?"

I counted even the moments when we were together. Just like the stars in the night sky, uncountable, infinite.

I know you're up there. If you can hear me, I just wanted to say I love you.

The End.

A/N: That's it. I'm ending the book.