Chapter Thirteen

Of course the only thing I could think about was went down, it even caused me to have a restless night. Hardly getting any sleep so to say I was in a bad mood was a correct statement. I've come to the conclusion that even though I want to be with him I can't.

I need to focus on my career right now and not snagging my boss. I want to advance on my own and not because of how good I am in bed. I don't regret sleeping with Greyson but I don't want it too happen again.

Maybe in the future but certainly not right now. Pushing these thoughts away as I get off the elevator, I make my way to my desk but not before being greeted by the receptionist, John.

"Good morning Miss Jennings."
"Good morning to you too." I say with a smile

Once I reach my desk, I see a sticky note that reads "come to my office when you get in". I had no doubt who the message was from.

I knock on his door, "come in."

i make my way inside, "You may sit down." He says "Have you thought about our situation?" he continues.

"Yes i have and i think it'd be best if we only have a professional relationship. I care about my career, i want to progress on my own and not because i'm sleeping with the boss."

My reply must have shocked him according to his facial expression. He looks like a kicked puppy right about now, knowing i put that expression there felt like a kick to the gut.

"Thats perfectly fine, You may go now." He harshly says

His reaction comes at a surprise to me, but i make hurriedly make my leave not wanting to cause any more issues than i already have. I honestly didnt know he would react that way, i must have been more than just a lay for him also.

Once seated at my desk, i try and tackle my work for the day.

The next time i look up its lunch time, and i find John making his way towards me.

"Care for lunch?"

"I would love to have lunch."  i smile back and i was being honest. I could use the distraction form the Grayson problem and i know John can provide that.

" So where to?" I ask

" I know this little deli down the street that has food to die for."
"Alright, sounds good to me."

We gather our things and then head towards the elevator, the doors are about to shut when Grayson comes swooping in. I could feel the tension in the air when the doors closed, hopefully it was all just in my head.
"Where are you two headed?" Grayson questions
"Out to lunch Sir." Reply's John

I feel Graysons eyes on me, roaming my body searching for something. Maybe a hint that i might have changed my mind? Of course i haven't, once my minds made up there's no changing it. He might just be the first to do it though if he really tried.

My face starts to heat up the more he looks at me, i try not to look back but curiosity killed that cat and all. i look up to me his eyes and my heart stops, did i make the right decision?

Yes i did, my integrity and morals matter more than just extremely hot sex.

I stick to my guns and look away just in time for the elevator to open, we all get off.

Going our separate ways.