Chapter Five

"Good morning, Mr. Grayson." i say when i get into work the next day. "Here's your coffee."

"Thank you Miss Jennings. How was your evening?" He asks as he looks up at me.

I'm trapped by his gaze, immobilizing me. Not trying to stare to long, i look away before answering him.

"Very uneventful Sir."

"Well that's no good." he says with a little laugh "I hate to say it but tonight will probably be the same, i need you to stay late with me."

ignoring the shiver that runs through me i say that's fine and then head to my desk, getting started on my work for the day.

By the time i look up again its time for lunch, and coming my way is Trevor the receptionist.

"Would you like to have lunch?" he asks me.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Where to?"

We both decide on a sandwich shop about a block over from the office, I've never ate here but it seems that trevor's a regular. He knew the menu from front to back and helped me settle on a turkey club. "So how do you like working here so far?" he asks me.

"I like it so far, i don't really have any complaints."

"That Graysons something, am i right?"

i laugh at that, "I'm not sure what you mean."

"You know exactly what i mean, i see the way you look at him."

"And how do i look at him?"

"Like he's a nice fat juicy steak and you haven't eaten in days." he says with a knowing look on his face. If other people can sense my attraction for him then i'm already in deep shit.

Lunch ended with no more talk of Grayson. We each headed back to our desks and started working. i was there for maybe ten minutes when he called me into his office. i open his door and greet him with an "Yes, sir".

He looks up from his work and says "Come in Miss Jennings."

"What can i do for you Sir?"

"Would you mind getting me another coffee? Its been a long day and its only going to get worse."

"Anything I can help you with Sir?"

"Actually you can, i need these documents sent to a client of ours so that they may sign them and we can get this deal off the ground." He must sense my hesitation because the next thing he says is "I have full faith you can do it, after all this will be part of you job soon."

i couldn't take offense with that seeing as he has made my work load easier than what its supposed to be. i'll be forever grateful for that, i am starting to become comfortable here so its about time i took on more work.

"I cant thank you enough for taking it easy on me and i'll get those documents sent as fast as i can." Taking said documents i head to the fax machine and fax them to the required address, then i head back to my desks to finish some work.