Chapter Twenty-Two

We make it to the doctor in record time, I was about 20 minutes early for my appointment but I go ahead and go in hoping they'll take me back early. I was beyond excited to see the baby, even though I was a little hesitant at first about all this I was quickly warming up to the idea of raising a child with Greyson. I don't even wait five minutes before they call my name to go back, the nurse makes me use the restroom for a urine sample and then gets my vitals and weight. After that's done she puts me in a ultrasound room and tells me to take my pants off, since I'm only 8 weeks its still too early for a regular ultrasound. She leaves the room for a minute so I can take my pants off and get on the bed with a small sheet covering myself , when I'm done Greyson opens the door to let her know she can come back in.

While she gets everything set up I look towards Greyson who's watching her intently, he seems so impatient to see our baby. Honestly I think he's more excited than I am, and its not because I don't already love our baby. I'm just scared of what might happen, I've seen what losing a baby looks like and I don't want that to happen to me. So maybe I was emotionally distancing myself from it that way if it happens it wont be that big of a hit, which makes me worry for Greyson because he is already so involved.

"Alright, you ready?" The nurse asks and I just nod my head yes. She inserts the wand and moves it around to get a better view. We first hear the "thud, thud" of the heart beat before we see what looks like a little bean on the screen. My eyes immediately well up with tears at hearing and seeing out baby for the first, not wanting to look away but I tear my eyes away from the screen so I can get a glimpse of Greyson. Looking over I see his eyes are full of tears, I even see some escaping which makes me cry even harder. I turn my attention back towards the monitor, I see our little bean moving around and kicking.

"Looks like you have a healthy strong baby. The heart beat sounds wonderful, would you like some pictures?"
"Yes please." We both say in unison. I still stare at the screen in awe while thinking i cant wrap my head around it, I'm growing another human being. It didn't seem real until I saw her or him moving up there on the screen. I know now without a shadow of doubt that i love this baby, and i will do everything in my power to protect them. The nurse withdraws the wand and hands us our pictures. Taking us to another room to wait for the doctor to see me. Shutting the door on her way out, i turn towards Greyson and say "can you believe that?".

"It was amazing, I've never witnessed anything like that." He utter softly. Greyson moves towards be and grabs my tear stained face and says,"i love you and i cant thank you enough for growing my child i will never be able to express how much i love and appreciate you." 
Hearing these words makes me tear up again, we're both overcome with so many emotions right now that we don't even hear the door being opened and the doctor stepping into the room. "Hello there, you must be Berkeley." He says while we separate ourselves from each other.

"Yes that's me. Nice to meet you." I reach out to shake his hand which he takes, then he reaches for greysons hand. They both shakes hands and then he introduces hisself, "Nice to meet you both, my name is doctor Nolan." i could immediately tell i was gonna like this doctor, he had such a sweet aura about him. "Ive looked over you ultrasound and everything looks good, your vitals and urine also looked good. I'm just gonna do a quick Pap smear and then you'll both be ready to go." The Pap smear doesn't take long and it was surprisingly painless.
Once we're done the doctor sends us on our way.