Chapter Seven

I've been kissed before but never like this, this is the kiss of romance novels.

The kiss starts out slow and soft then grew with intensity, it was fueled with desire and need. All the thoughts and feelings i had for him come rushing back. Even thoughts i kept even hidden from myself.

Thoughts about what it would be like to run my fingers through his hair, what his lips would feel like against my own. Now i don't have to wonder, his lips feel amazing.

we continue this for a minute more before we separate. We stare at each other for a moment, taking in what just happened between us. We both make a move to stand up, getting more comfortable.

"I'm sorry that was uncalled for." He says breaking the silence

"You don't hear me complaining." I boldly say.
I know my face must be red, I could feel it in my cheeks.

"I don't regret it .. its just that i'm your boss but I knew there was something here the first time I saw you."

"I feel the same way."

"There's just something about you." He says while rubbing my cheek. "I cant take my eyes off you."

i cant fight the blush that makes its way onto my face. He's saying all the right things but it still seems like he's holding something back.

"But?" i ask.

"But you're my assistant and this cant happen." and just like that every happy feeling i had surging through me came crashing to a halt. I completely understand where he's coming from, i wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea, like i got the job because i slept with him or something like that. Even though i agree with him it still doesn't take away the sting of rejection.

"I Understand, are we done here? I have to get home." i say seeing as it was now 10 o'clock and almost past my bedtime.

"Yes, you may go." he says with a pained and confused expression on his face.

"Goodbye." i say, he waves goodbye before i turn heading towards the elevator,

i'm downstairs before i can blink and i find  myself hailing a cab. i feel like i'm on autopilot right now, it takes a minute for a cab to pull over to the curb. When one does i hop in and tell them my address. I sit there and play back the nights events, the conversations , the passionate kiss.  

I would give anything to be kissed like that again, i almost hate that he's my boss.

The cab pull sup to my apartment, i pay him and hop out.

i take my keys out in order to unlock my door, and the first thing i do is get undressed. Its been a long day and all i want to do is lay down and that exactly what i do.

i lay down in my bed and try to go to sleep. 

Tonight i dream of romantic kisses and meaningful conversations.