Chap.2 : Encountering him

Love is often the encounter of two weaknesses...

💘

*********

~Next morning~

Y/N's P.O.V.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind me. I sit up, drag my feet off the bed, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn. I watch my legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet before I stand up and walk towards the bathroom.

After I finish,I grab my phone to look at the time: 5:30 am. It was quite early for the others to be awake,especially after yesterday's night.

I went to my closet and grabbed the first pair of sports pants and T-shirt I saw. I have quite long hair so I put them into a high ponytail and left my room without making too much noise.

I wore my sneakers and went out. It would be really refreshing for me to go for a run and maybe survey a little the area around. And so I did.

My feet slip outwards on the wet autumn leaves as I round the corner, the cold morning air shocking my throat and lungs as I inhale deeper, faster. My heart beats frantically, all or nothing.

Believe it or not,I used to hate running so much.But being a werewolf now requires you to be in a good physical state. And my father looking at me as nothing more than a weak individual made me work harder,train myself and my body until I couldn't take it anymore,until I became what he called "strong'' in our pack.

After an hour,I stopped to catch my breath.I could feel the heat radiating from my skin,probably my cheeks had become rosy red by now and I was sweating a little bit. I tried taking deep breaths to bring my heart rate to normal.

I looked at my watch and I noticed I still had some time to kill before starting my usual routine. There was one place I really enjoyed going when I wanted to think or be alone and where no one would disturb me.

It was the lake deep in the forest's heart. The lake is the finest of mirrors, never showing exactly what is above, but converting it to a image so beautifully smudged and broken. The weeping willow, the clouds above, all become a Monet - all free for the looking. Sure, it is transient, changing by the day, but that's what makes it all the more precious.

I could walk here every day and always it would be both different and the same.

But today was damp and bleak, and a light grey mist hung over the lake like a veil. Either way,I still enjoyed the peace it offered to my soul. Well,that was until a sound broke the eerie silence.

More than the sound,I could sense footsteps getting closer to me. I immediately went to self-defense and attack mode.I knew those footsteps didn't belong to anyone of my pack.

Suddenly,a hand was put on my shoulder and uncontrollably,my instincts kicked in. I quickly turned around and used my fists over that person.

He must have not expected it because he lost is balance by my sudden attack.I had never punched anyone before, so I was incredibly suprised at the pain that blazed up my arm as my fist connected with his jaw.

I hovered on top of him to keep him down to the ground and only when he set his gaze on mine did I realize who he was.

Blue...

His eyes revealed icy blues that were framed with thick long lashes. It pierced right through my chest, those familiar eyes of his.

I was dead nervous, I did not know how scary and intimidating his eyes could be. No matter how less of a war freak that boy looked like, I knew those faint glints in his eyes as well, they were unmistakably the eyes of the wolf I saw last night.