Chap.6 : Hold me tight

The deepest pain I ever felt was denying my own feelings to make everyone else comfortable...

💘

*****

Y/N's P.O.V.

Leaving Jungkook's room, I followed Jiyeon downstairs. We didn't say a word,it was all dead silence between us. I wondered where she would take me and to be honest,not being in such good terms with each other worried me a litttle.

But soon enough,I realized we were heading towards the room where Taehyung was staying.

Jiyeon stopped in front of the door and I stopped behind her.I could see her hand shaking and the hesitation taking over it,but,she managed to grab the door knob and open it. I was still confused as to why I was brought here...whether I could go in.As if Jiyeon had read my mind,she spoke:

"Come in." Her voice was low but clear enough to be heard. I followed behind and closed the door. Jiyeon sat down next to Taehyung's bed and held his hand in between hers,staring at his dead-like body.

There was something in those eyes.I could see it,I could see the pain reflected in them.

I could see the love and despair too, I felt sorry for her. The loss of her mate could destroy her.

"You must be wondering why I brought you here." She spoke slowly,still having her eyes fixed on Taehyung.

"It would be a lie if I said no." I replied, "I know you don't like me very much."

She let out a small chuckle and then looked at me.

"That's true...or better say.. it was."

"What do you mean?" She smiled a little again and looked at Taehyung.

"You know...if he were awake right now,he would be goofing around and trying to become best friends with you. " She said, "He has a weak spot for Jungkook and I'm sure he would be the same with you."

I didn't speak a word. I just listened to everything she said.

"That's why I brought you here. Taehyung would have scolded me for being rude to you by now." Then,she looked at me.

"I want to apologize for the way I acted towards you. " I widened my eyes in shock.I really didn't see this coming. "And I wanna thank you for helping him and the others."

"Jiyeon-ah..." She didn't let me finish.

"This is hard for me,you can't imagine it...in fact,no one in this house can."She looked down,tears threatening to fall. "And you being from our enemy pack doesn't make it any easier for me. I was quick to judge you and I'm sorry for that."

I could see the sincerity reflected in her eyes and spoken through her words. The anger was nothing but a shield for pain, like a cornered soldier randomly throwing out grenades, scared for his life, lonely, desperate. I could see it clearly on her eyes.

I instinctively held her hand and looked at her.

"I don't blame you,I know this is hard and you don't have to apologize.I would have been the same in your shoes." I spoke and smiled at her. " Thank you for doing this anyway. I'm glad we can be friends now."

A sad smile formed on her lips. I knew this was devastating for everyone,especially her.

"Me too." She said.