𝟐𝟖 | 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰

Adelina Cortez's POV

2 months later

"Carlos," I whispered into my phone. "Yes Lina?" He questioned, sounding like he just woke up. "I need you to come over right now. Like right now," I told him and he groaned.

"Why?" He asked and I huffed. "Get your ass here!" I snapped before ending the call. I placed my phone down and sighed.

I was pregnant. There was no denying it. I never missed a period and here I was 3 weeks late. I sat there in shock until I heard the door open downstairs. "Lina?!" Carlos called out. "Up here!" I yelled.

"Now what do you want?" He asked when he made it into the room. "I'm pregnant," I whispered and looked at me like I grew two heads.

"Say what now?!" Carlos asked with huge eyes. Casey sat down on the bed, not sure what else to do.

"I'm pregnant!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. "I.. I just.. I'm scared Carlos. I don't know what to do," I told him with my voice cracking.

"You have to talk to him Lina. Tell him!" Carlos yelled. "Did you take a test?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not yet but I know I am. He's nutted in me and I haven't had a period. My tits are sensitive. I have to pee 24/7. I'm pregnant Carlos. I'm fucking pregnant," I told him and he sighed.

"Let's go buy a test Casey. We'll be back Lina. Eat something and chill," Carlos said and grabbed Casey's hand, pulling him along with him.

"Just breathe," Casey whispered, offering a small smile. I smiled back the best I could and nodded. "Okay."

They left the house and I sat there, thinking about how my life would change. Would Kane want the baby?

Will he leave me?

Will he stay?

Will he be happy?

Sad?

Angry?

Trapped?

All the questions that stormed my mind made me sick to my stomach. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, puking my lunch out into the toilet.

"Lina?" Carlos questioned and I groaned. "Bathroom!" I yelled and I heard his footsteps.

"Babygirl. Here, take the test," he said and placed it on the sink counter. I picked myself up off the floor and grabbed the test.

After I did what I needed to, I set the test to the side and waited a couple minutes before picking it back up.

The test read positive.

All the confirmation I needed to have me sliding back down to the floor. "Lina?" Carlos questioned. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I whispered but he managed to hear me. "What's it say?" He asked, slightly nervous.

"I'm pregnant."

His eyes went big and he clasped his hand over his mouth.

"How do you feel?"

"Happy," I said thinking about my bundle of joy.

"Sad," I then whispered, thinking about all the things that could go wrong.

"And scared," I said lastly, with the thought of Kane's reaction.

"Talk to him Lina. That man loves you with every ounce of his being. It'll all be okay," Casey said and I smiled at him.

"Carlos must have filled you in on all the craziness that has happened," I said with a sigh.

"Yes he did, but sweetie you're an amazing woman. Kane will be thrilled to start a family with you."

I looked back and forth between them, the pregnancy test, and my stomach.

"I sure hope so," I whispered and clutched my stomach. My baby. Our baby. I smiled at the thought and rested my head against the wall.

"We are going to leave. Go to Kane's when you're ready. I love you Lina," Carlos told me and I squeezed his hand.

"I love you too cuz. I'll let you know what happens," I told him and he nodded.

"Okay. Get some rest," he said before leaving with Casey right behind him.

I eventually got up off the floor and made my way over to the kitchen to fix me something eat.

I settled on a sandwich and water. After I ate, I cuddled up to my life size teddy bear Kane bought me last week on the couch and turned on the tv.

"I'm Craig with the 12 o'clock news," the news reported said I groaned. I clicked on the next channel and smiled.

Lifetime.

I laid on the couch for an hour before I managed to fall asleep peacefully, forgetting about my much needed conversation with Kane about our baby.

Did you see this coming?