𝟑𝟏 | 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

Adelina Cortez's POV

The following week flew by with last minute wedding changes. Being pregnant and planning a wedding at the same time wasn't smart.

"Dallas!" I whisper yelled. "What?" She asked softly. "It's that guy! Crazy hormone guy!" I said in shock and her eyes went big.

Dallas and I were going through the guest list and I noticed his picture. "Does Kane know him?" I asked and she shrugged. "I honestly don't know."

"One way to find out," she said and smiled. "Kane!" She screamed and I chuckled. "Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"What?" He asked, walking into the room we were in. "Who's this guy?" Dallas asked and his face paled. "Um, he's an old friend," he said and I frowned.

"Good old friend or bad old friend?" I asked with a frown. "Good. I- I just haven't seen him in years. I didn't think he would respond to the wedding invite," he said with a small smile.

"Oh, um, well you see, he kind of flirted with me last week at the bakery," I mumbled and he scoffed. "Go figure. I bet he knew who you were too," Kane said, rolling his eyes.

"Damn, if only I was older. He's hot as hell," Dallas mumbled I laughed. "Eww. Don't think like that Dallas," Kane mumbled and I laughed.

"Did you flirt back?" He suddenly asked and both Dallas and I gasped. "I would never. Yes, he made my hormones all crazy but that's because I'm sexually frustrated!" I yelled, tears threatening to spill.

"Oh shit, look what you did!" Dallas snapped at Kane and his eyes widened. "What did I do?!" He asked in shock and I sniffled.

"I need ice cream," I growled and shoved him out of my way. His arms snaked around my big belly and he held me gently.

"Baby, stop. I love you," He whispered and I smiled. "I love you too. I still need ice cream," I mumbled and removed his arms.

"I can't wait to marry you Adelina!" He yelled after me and I giggled. "I can't wait either baby daddy!" I hollered back.

A knock sounded at the kitchen door and I sighed. I waddled over and looked through the curtain. Shaking my head in amusement, I opened the door with a groan.

"It's you," I mumbled and Ethan smiled. "Well hello gorgeous. Is Kane home?" He asked and I nodded. "Come in," I told him and he did.

"Kane!" I yelled and he came running. "What baby?" He questioned. Ethan then stepped into view and Kane smiled.

"Ethan, it's been a while. I honestly didn't think you would reach out after what happened with Dante," Kane said and Ethan nodded.

"I was in the army, got honorably discharged, but that's a story for another time," Ethan told him and I bit my lip.

No wonder he looks good.

Stop it Lina!

I can't help it!

Yes you can. Calm your vagina.

I'm trying bruh!

"Lina!" A voice yelled and I screamed. "Seriously?!" I yelled and Kane laughed. "You were off into space. I asked what you wanted for supper tonight," he told me and I blushed.

"It doesn't matter to me," I told him and he chuckled. "You and Dallas still going get your feet done today?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Not sure yet. Possibly."

"Okay baby. I'm going to head out with Ethan and catch up. Call me if you start hurting again," he said sternly and I nodded.

"Yes sir," I said saluting him. Ethan laughed and I blushed.

Get it together Lina!

"Do I need to fuck you?" Kane whispered in my ear harshly. My knees went weak and he wrapped an arm around me the best he could.

I looked into his eyes and he smirked. "You've been distant a lot lately," I told him and he frowned.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable baby. If you need sex then tell me. I can't read your mind," he whispered and I sighed.

"I guess. I love you. Go have fun. I'll see you later," I told him and he smiled. "Alright," he told me and pecked my lips.

"Come on Dallas! Hot water and a massaging chair is calling my name!" I yelled. Her laughter neared me as she walked into the kitchen.

"I'm ready baby momma. Let's go," she mumbled with a smile. As we made our way to the car, Dallas eyed Ethan the whole time.

She hadn't gone on a date in months. She been depressed and closed off in her room. I believe she and her boyfriend broke up, but she hadn't said anything yet.

I needed to find out what was going on with her. "What happened with your boyfriend?" I asked and she sighed. "I was wondering when you would ask about that. We broke up. I don't want to talk about it right now."

I bit my tongue and sighed. "Okay," I told her and started the car, heading to the salon. Dallas stared out the window the whole ride not uttering a single word. Damn Augustus's are so hard headed.

How do you feel about the book ending? I'm sad. Only a few more chapters!