𝟐𝟗 | 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐞

Dallas Augustus's POV

I was watching tv when I heard the door being closed. I quickly ran and peaked over the stairs and saw Adelina walking towards the stair case. Letting out a breath of relief, I walked back to my room and laid on my bed.

"Dallas? Can we talk?" Adelina asked. I looked up and noticed she looked sad and sleep deprived. "Of course. Come in," I told her.

"Sorry for popping up unannounced. I really need to tell you something," she whispered with a frown.

"What's going on? Something's up. You're not the same," I told her softly. "I'm pregnant," she whispered and my eyes went big.

"Did you tell Kane?" I asked, holding in my excitement. "Not yet. I'm scared," she told me and I frowned.

"He's going to be happy. I'm beyond excited. How do you feel?" I asked her and she smiled. "I'm excited too," she said and I smiled with her.

"Then tell him Adelina. Trust me," I told her and she nodded. "Okay. I will. Do you know when he's going to be back in town?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I'm not sure. He just said he would be gone for a few days. Do you want me to call him? I can make it seem like I'm just wondering?" I suggested and she smiled.

"Yeah. I'm going to stay here tonight. Ice cream and movies?" She asked and I smiled.

"Of course babygirl," I told her.

"Okay. I'm going to go shower and order pizza. You get the ice cream and pick a movie," she said before walking away.

I giggled and picked up my phone to call Kane. "Hey!" I said excitedly. "Did you get it?" I asked with a smirk.

"I found the perfect one. I'll be home tonight," he said and I smiled.

"Perfect. See you later!" I told him and hung up quickly.

Adelina's POV

The pizza arrived while I was showering, so Dallas paid for it. "I'm going to pay you back," I told her while stuffing a slice of pizza in my mouth.

"Don't worry about it," she said smiling. "Kane will be back tonight. You should um, no offense, clean yourself up. You look a mess," she said with a giggle and I frowned.

"Fine. Only because I don't want to be a hot mess when I tell him," I mumbled then continued eating my pizza.

"Did he say what time?" I asked and she shrugged. "No. I have no clue," she said and I sighed.

"Ugh. This sucks. I'm going to be a nervous wreck," I whispered and she patted my leg. "It'll be okay love. Just a few more hours," she said I bounced my leg repeatedly in nervousness.

"Take a nap girl. He'll be home by the time you wake up," she told me and I nodded. "Okay," I said, curling up on the couch. "Just a small nap," I whispered before falling asleep.

Kane's POV

I hopped on the plane, red velvet box in hand. I was going to propose to Adelina and finally make her mine.

Dallas texted saying Adelina was sleeping over, so that made the flight all more nerve racking. I just wanted to hold my love.

After a few hours, the plane landed and I made my way out to the car waiting for me. "Home?" The driver asked. "Yes, home."

Adelina's POV

I woke up to someone shaking me. "What?" I groaned. "He's home!" Dallas said excitedly. I sat up and my eyes widened.

"Oh shit! I look like crap!" I freaked out and Dallas laughed.

"You look beautiful baby," Kane said from behind me and my heart melted. I turned around and looked at my handsome baby daddy.

"Kane," I whispered while smiling brightly. I jumped up and ran over to him, hugging him tightly.

"I've missed you," I whispered softly. "Never leave for that long again," I told him and he chuckled.

"It was only 2 weeks baby, but I'm back," he whispered and I kissed his perfect lips.

"I need to tell you something Kane," I told him and his body went stiff.

"I'll be over there," Dallas said and walked away smiling.

"What's wrong Adelina?" He asked gruffly. "I'm pregnant!" I nearly yelled and avoided his eyes.

"Wh- what?" He asked and I shifted my weight nervously. "I'm pregnant," I said again with soft voice.

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief. I couldn't tell if that was good or bad.

"Yes."

"Open your eyes," he said and I did slowly.

Kane was down on one knee with tears in his eyes. He pulled out a red little box and opened it up, revealing a beautiful ring.

"Baby, I love you with all my heart and hearing the news that we will be parents leaves me happier than I've ever imagined," he said, smiling at me.

My eyes watered and I bit my lip.

"Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked and I squealed in excitement.

Kane's POV

"Yes!" She screamed and engulfed me in a hug. I hugged her back, planting kisses all over her face.

"I love you so fucking much," I told her, capturing her lips with mine. I kissed her slowly and passionately, showing her how much I love her.

"I love you too baby," she whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs and smiled at her.

"Have you made an appointment? How long have you known?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I took a test this morning. I had my suspicions all along but I wasn't sure. And no, I haven't made an appointment. I wanted to tell you first," she said and I beamed at her.

"I can't wait to see our little one," I told her, rubbing my hand over her stomach. "I can't wait either," she said, matching my excitement.

Who's happy? I am!

Also, check out my other books 😂 gonna shamelessly self promote 💁🏻‍♀️☺️