minghao felt his chest tightening, his eyes glistening and his throat choking up. this can't be happening. this is not true, right? this is just a dream. xu minghao, wake up!

     "minghao... i... ", his sister gulped, overwhelmed by her own threatening tears.

     "are you sure the doctors did the check up on you properly?", minghao asked, almost demandingly. his voice was loud and stern but at the same time, it was hurt and broken.

     "yes they did, minghao. there's nothing else that they can do. the chemicals... there's no stop to their corrosion", she eventually broke down uncontrollably. "minghao, i'm sorry".

     "what do you mean they can't do anything?! they're not going to put some effort into saving your life?!", minghao shouted, his voice cracking.

     "minghao, please don't get mad. it's too late already. now you have to live your life happily for me", she said in between her sobs.

     minghao looked down at their held hands as a tear dropped. he hated everything about this day. he hated it so much. he can't be losing his one and only family left? that can't be happening, right?

     "minghao?", jun called out when he opened the front door. he didn't get a response so he made his way to the younger's bedroom, thinking he might be asleep.

      he soon stopped in front of the room. the door was wide open, but minghao wasn't in there at all. jun frowned, confused. why isn't he at home?

     "oh wait! maybe he's at the hospital", jun said to no one in particular as he left the house again and ran to the bus stop.

     it felt like an eternity waiting for the bus that jun got so annoyed. out of all the buses which arrived, none of them headed towards the hospital.

     he quickly took out his phone and ringed mingyu, who had a car he rode to school everyday. "mingyu! can you pick me up at the bus stop in front of minghao's house? i need to get to the hospital real quick", he said into the phone rushingly.

     "sure thing, i'll be there in 5 minutes", mingyu said before he ended the call and jun waited patiently for the younger to come.

      his mind was etched on the many thoughts of minghao. what is he doing there? is he okay? did he eat breakfast? or even lunch? why didn't he tell me he was going to the hospital?

     as much as he hated it, he was still hurt by minghao's simple action. he thought he could get over it. not every relationship is perfect but he just can't seem to get it out if his mind. he was bothered by it alot.

     "jun!", someone yelled for him after honking twice. it managed to snap him out of his world. jun quickly realised that mingyu had arrived and he ran towards the car.

     "i'm so sorry! i was just... thinking", jun apologised as he hopped into the passenger seat beside the younger. mingyu chuckled and pat his back ,"it's fine. now let's get you to the hospital".

     mingyu speed drove towards the hospital, partly because jun needed to get there immediately and because it was simply thrilling for him to drive at fast speeds.

     "hey", mingyu called out ,"you okay?". he had noticed jun staring out of the window with a pout on his lips even when he was driving really fast.

     "yeah", jun mumbled monotonously. mingyu shrugged and kept his focus back onto the road. mingyu, too, was worried for his close friend after jun had told him about minghao.

     mingyu had been close to minghao ever since elementary school, and they've been through so many things together. mingyu only wanted the best for minghao and his well being. it's saddening to know that his once cheerful and happy friend, is now shedding tears of pain and despair.

     "call me if you need a ride home, okay!", mingyu called out after dropping the chinese latter at the entrance of the hospital. jun nodded and bid goodbye to him before he ran to the visitor counter.

a/n : i'm off to sleep now byebye