십칠

minghao had his head buried in the palms of his hands, eyes simply flooding as mingyu sped through the traffic.

minghao had gotten so weak in his limbs as soon he heard the tragic news. from that second on, he regretted every single second of his life to have come to this moment.

his boyfriend was hurt and it was all his fault.

he sobbed even harder into his hands the more he thought of it, and mingyu could only watch his friend in sympathy.

they had soon reached the hospital. mingyu helped the latter up and they walked towards the counter, mingyu's expression evident of worry.

"excuse me, we need to see wen junhui. can you give us his room details?", mingyu asked hurriedly. the nurse at the counter fiddled with the keyboard before looking up at him again.

"i'm sorry, he's in a surgical room right now. i don't think you'll be able to-".

"where is the room?", mingyu asked, glancing at minghao worriedly.

"we're not allowed to give out details about that, sir-".

"ms, his boyfriend needs to see him right now. if he doesn't, he might just fall apart right this second. ms, please".

mingyu squeezed the younger's hand, hoping he still had the strength to hold on.

the nurse pursed her lips, eyebrows creasing inwards but she had glanced at minghao, her expression softened.

"the surgical room is on level 3, room number 12. please tell him to stay strong".

mingyu nodded and bowed repeatedly ,"thank you so much ms!". she too nodded, a small yet sad smile on her face as she watched the two head for the surgical room.

minghao felt his head spinning as they made their way towards the room. he felt so numb, so empty, and he knew he didn't deserve to feel happy ever again.

when they had reached the room, mingyu had caught sight of soonyoung leaning against the wall, facing the room. he was pushing his hair back multiple times out of stress.

"soonyoung!", mingyu called out for him. the latter looked up and breathed out in relief as he saw that minghao was finally out of his own locked up room.

"minghao... how have you been...? ", soonyoung's lips were shaking as he weakly embraced the younger in his arms. minghao could only sob as a response.

minghao seemed to have gathered himself when they settled down on the waiting chairs.

he could only stare into the white wall infront of him as he tried so hard to process the fact that his boyfriend got hit by a car. yet, he was at the hospital, waiting for more news regarding the chinese latter.

anticipation overwhelmed them all, especially minghao. his two friends could only imagine how much pain he was going through right that moment.

nothing was said between the three while they waited for something, anything to be told but nobody stepped out of the room.

when the door suddenly creaked open, soonyoung and mingyu shot up from their seat, eyes wide.

minghao slowly looked up and noticed that a doctor had exited the room. "are you wen junhui's guardian?", he first asked. soonyoung nodded.

then, the doctor sighed. minghao could feel his chest tightening upon the simple action.

"i have both good news and bad news", he started, making all their hearts start to beat at abnormal speeds.