십팔

"the patient will be transferred to a ward shortly", the nurse informed them.

right after that moment, minghao was sitting by jun's bed. he was clutching the bracelet like it was as precious as gold, head hung low.

it was almost 11 that night, mingyu decided to stay with the chinese latter while soonyoung had to run some urgent errands. the atmosphere of the room was silent, no evidence of comfort at all.

"mingyu... ", minghao called for the taller. mingyu looked up ,"yes?".

"you should go home now... it's getting really late", minghao looked at him with sad eyes. mingyu sighed. he knew he couldn't protest even if he tried, so he gave in.

"stay strong, alright? everything will be fine soon", mingyu said as he embraced the younger in a warm, comforting hug.

minghao hummed sadly, nodding once they had pulled apart. soon enough, minghao was left alone with the moonlight radiating into the room.

minghao fidgeted with the bracelet, lacing it in between in his fingers as a shaky breath escaped his lips. he then slowly slipped it onto his wrist, rotating a bead in between his fingers.

he looked up at jun after what felt a long minute. both admiration and melancholy overwhelmed him at the same time. but his eyes were unable to tear up, as if he had ran out of tears to cry.

"...junhui ", minghao's voiced cracked as the name rolled off his tongue. his hand found its way towards the older's right hand which was adorning his matching bracelet.

"i- i'm sorry... ", he started, his voice cracking. "i'm sorry for e-everything... i- i miss you so much... ".

"i miss hearing your voice... ", minghao felt his heart beat abnormally. "you have to wake up quickly, o-okay? you have to wake up so that we can talk... a-and i can hear your voice again... ", minghao looked down at their hands as he caressed the back of jun's hand.

"i want to go home with you tomorrow... so wake up quickly, a-alright?", minghao hummed sadly, looking up at jun's closed eyes.

"this is all m-my fault... i- i caused you to be in this situation... i-".

"junhui... i- i love you", minghao breathed in a heavy whiff of air, almost choking on the bitterness he was feeling.

"w-wake up, please... junhui... what am i supposed to d-do without y-you, hm?", minghao pleaded, and as if on que, tears started streaming down his dry cheeks. he sobbed silently, holding jun's hand tightly.

he wasn't going to let go anytime soon for he thought that the older would disappear right before his eyes if he did.

"y-you can't l-leave me alone... a-again... right... ?", minghao sobbed harder.

"j-junhui... ", minghao rested his head on the older's arm, crying into his sleeve pathetically. his hold around jun's hand tightened as his sobs filled the silent room.

guilt and regret overwhelmed the latter as scenes of that fateful day played in his mind.

he was so ignorant, so stupid, so stubborn. when everyone was concerned for him, he ignored them and let despair simply take over his life functions.

when it was his dear friends, he never let them in. when it was the person he supposedly loved, he went overboard. what had gotten into him?

yet, everyone saw him as a friendly and gentle person. someone who was careful with people's feelings and who you'd have the best conversations with. he was extremely lovable.

ever since that day, he wasn't anywhere near those facts. he was the complete opposite.

jun only wanted his boyfriend back. but it seemed that the younger didn't.

the chinese latter cried and cried even when he knew it wasn't going to do any good. he soon fell asleep, hand clutching his lover's as the moonlight continued to illuminate into the room.

seemingly, shining through the despair in the atmosphere.