Caught

Morning light peeped in through the bunk window and shined in Ashley's eyes. It woke him up slightly.

Ashley perked awake completely when he felt something move underneath him. He felt an arm around him and small fingers laced in his thick hair. He heard a heartbeat in his ear.

Last night came rushing back. 

He was in Eathyn's bunk. 

He looked to see that he was cuddling against Eathyn with his arms wrapped tightly around her and his head resting against her chest

Ashley glanced up at her to see her slowly wake up with an adorable sleepy moan. She noticed him looking at her. Eathyn didn't say anything; she only looked at him.

Before Ashley thought it through or could stop himself he gently kissed Eathyn on the mouth.

Ashley was relieved that Eathyn didn't punch him again. Instead she hesitantly returned the kiss.  

They felt it getting warm as Ashley hovered over her and Eathyn sewed her fingers tighter into his hair to hold him in place.

Before the kiss got too hot Eathyn pulled away. She looked away with a deep blush on her face.

Ashley cupped her face in his hand and made her look at him. They didn't say anything. They just looked in each others' eyes.

Eathyn saw warmth and kindness in Ashley's eyes whereas Ashley saw confusion and fear in hers.

Last night helped Ashley see that Eathyn wasn't as prickly as he mainly thought. There was something under her hard persona that had deeply wounded her and had her terrified. The question was; what happened?

Eathyn realized that she might have misjudged Ashley. He was sweet and caring after all.

Suddenly they heard Andy calling them. "Yo Ashley, Eathyn c'mon we gotta get ready!" He hollered. Footsteps were headed their way, "Did you guys hear me?"

Suddenly Eathyn's curtain was pulled open.

"Dammit Andy," Ashley said climbing out of the bunk, "You can't just jerk someone's bunk curtain open without warning like that!" He glared at Andy, "What's wrong with you?" Ashley led Andy away into the front lounge.

Andy smirked, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ashley asked as he turned to face Andy.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Purdy," Andy grinned as he crossed his arms over his chest. "She might've broke your nose but you just couldn't resist the little spitfire, could you?"

"Andy, nothing happened," Ashley protested as CC came in from the bathroom.

"What's going on?" CC wondered.

"Ashley and Eathyn were getting cozy," Andy chuckled.

A huge smile broke across CC's face, "No way! You finally got you some of that fiery whiskey?"

"Will you guys shut up and fuckin' listen to me?" Ashley snarled. "Nothing. Happened. Eathyn had a bad nightmare and she wanted me to lay down with her to help her calm down. And I did. That's all."

"Leave Ashley alone, you two. He's telling the truth," Eathyn came in and went to the coffee machine as she looked at them, "Nothing happened." 

"Oh...I'm sorry then, Eathyn," Andy said looking at her then looked at Ashley, "I'm sorry, Ash."

"Me too," CC stated.

"Forget about it," Ashley told them. He noticed Eathyn shyly look at him after Andy and CC passed her to go get dressed.

Ashley smiled and winked at her making her blush with a light smile.