Warmth

Pt.1

A few days passed before Eathyn was finally able to get better. They finally had a day off in Munich, Germany on a snowy day in late February.

She woke up early that morning to get ready to hang out with Ashley. She liked how Ashley had been bent on keeping his promise.

Eathyn walked past the bathroom to see the Outlaw looking in the mirror, getting ready to shave.

She lightly knocked on the open door. "Hey, good morning," She said softly.

Ashley looked at her and grinned lightly, "Good morning."

"Don't shave," Eathyn told him.

"Why not?" Ashley raised a brow at her.

Eathyn was a little lost for words, "Well, I...I think it...the five o'clock shadow," A small blush covered her cheeks when Ashley gave her a toothy smirk. He was amused at her shyness. "I think it suits you..." Eathyn finally said.

Ashley put down his razor still smirking. He gave her a light peck on the top of her head before walking past her.

Eathyn trailed behind Ashley to the front lounge. "So what're we gonna do today?" She asked him.

Ashley chuckled and looked at her, "You tell me. This is your day."

"Um, well I don't know since it's snowing but I thought the Marienplatz would be nice," Eathyn stated, "It's the city's main square."

"That sounds cool," Ashley said, "We can definitely do that."

A big smile broke across Eathyn's face.

An hour later they headed out to the Marienplatz in a cab. They walked around glancing in windows of shops.

Ashley couldn't help but notice how giddy Eathyn was. He had never seen her smile or heard her talk this much. She was like a little lark that had finally been let out of its cage. 

He found it... adorable.

He caught her shuddering a few minutes later. "Her coat must not be very warm," He thought to himself. Something in Ashley kicked in when he heard her whimper. He wrapped a strong arm around Eathyn's shoulders and brought her up to him and held her close to his side.

Eathyn looked up at Ashley surprised. She was going to move away and say she was fine until she noticed how gently and protectively he was holding her and felt him give her a slight hug.

Eathyn allowed herself to lean into Ashley and drink in the warmth and calmness she felt from him. His cologne smelt really nice too.

Ashley gently rubbed her arm. "Let's get you inside before you get sick again," He said.

"Ok," Eathyn let Ashley hold her to him as he led her inside a shop. Eathyn sighed in relief as she felt the heat meet her chilled bones.

Ashley shivered some himself as they got comfortable.

"That's much better," Eathyn stated.

"Yeah," Ashley agreed. He noticed their surroundings. They were in a clothing store. "Well, we might as well look around since we're here," He looked at her.

"Sounds good," Eathyn grinned. "I'm gonna look over here," She told Ashley.

"Ok," Ashley let her go and watched her go to the girls' side of the store. He wandered to the male's side and didn't really find much. He glanced back over to where Eathyn was and noticed her admiring a lavish black coat. 

She looked at the tag and her face automatically fell

Ashley turned away quickly as she headed towards him. He turned to her like he hadn't been watching her only seconds before. He smiled, "Find anything?"

"No," Eathyn fibbed trying to play off her disappointment with a casual tone. She looked up at him, "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, kinda," Ashley answered. "Are you?" He wondered to have her nod in response. "Let's go eat then."

"Yeah," Eathyn agreed and walked out the door as Ashley held it open for her.

They walked down the street to a corner cafe that served coffee, desserts, and light lunch.

They took a table near the window to watch the snow.

Eathyn glanced at Ashley as she scanned the menu. She was having an awesome time but she hated the butterflies that were dancing around in her stomach. She swallowed.

"See anything, Ashley?" She asked him.

"Um...I can't read German," Ashley stated looking at her. A slight blush of embarrassment appeared on his face, "Forgot to ask for one in English."

Eathyn giggled lightly. "Here," She scooted over next to him. She pointed to the options as she read them out to him.

"You know German," Ashley looked at her stunned.

"Yeah, took it in college," Eathyn grinned.

"Nice," Ashley grinned. He said a minute later, "Thanks for helping me."

"You're welcome," Eathyn smiled back at him.

They ordered lunch and just chatted and got to know each other more. They both were surprised that they actually got each other to laugh and smile.

They ordered dessert but then the waiter told Eathyn something in German. Ashley sat confused as Eathyn told the waiter something. The waiter smiled at her and nodded with a reply then walked away.

He returned with only one plate of cake but had two forks in hand.

When he walked off Eathyn smiled at Ashley and held out one of the forks to him, "They only had one left."

"You didn't have to do that," Ashley took the fork from her.

"You wanted some too," Eathyn pointed out.

"Yeah, but I could've gotten something else," Ashley stated as he stuck his fork into his side of the dessert.

"Just take it as a thank you for today," Eathyn put some cake in her mouth.

"You don't have to thank me," Ashley looked at her.

"Already did," She shrugged.