*12*

*Toni's Perspective*

It had been a week since me and Cheryl had become official, my stomach was almost completely healed, and I was sitting in my room. I had brought my guitar out and was jotting down notes on a spreadsheet I had been working on for a while. As I finished taking notes I played with some notes until I found the right set, and jotted that down. After a few more of those I played the whole thing, it all flowed together perfectly to my relief.

Now, for lyrics.

I was about to write something down, my pencil centimeters away from the page. That when I flung back in my chair and groaned, now I remember why I quit on my musical side. I decided I needed a new mindset then my gloomy room full of polaroids. So I decided to grab my spreadsheet, casing my guitar and attached a thick strap that allowed me to hold it while on my bike and head to the school.

Once I got there I headed inside and walked around, my first though was to go to the music room but that didn't really click with anything inside me. I was walking past the gym doors when I stopped, backpedaling to the gym doors.

Here.

I opened the doors and not to my surprise found nobody there. I headed to the middle of the floor and threw my bag out to one of the walls of the gym, after taking out my spreadsheet.

I took out my guitar as well and tuned it. The strings tended to shift when I would carry it around on my motorcycle. I attached a different strap that went around my shoulder. I set down the notes as I played the song memory, I mean, I had been working on it for weeks. Then I realized something, I realized my passion for the song, who I was singing to.

"Cheryl." I say out loud before playing the song. From that moment on, I knew exactly what to play.

 🎶 What a surprise

Gazing into your eyes
I swear that I still get lost 
in the light
No photograph could possibly show
The you I know

No doubts
No more fears
I see you shine and the dark disappears
Then I know everything is gonna be fine
Because you shine
Oh how you shine
You shine

No doubts
No more fears
I see you shine and the dark disappears
Then I know everything is gonna be fine
Because you're mine
You shine 🎶

Once I finished I didn't care that I hadn't written down, I just smiled at the ground, remembering all the memories me and Cheryl have had. As I snapped out of my thoughts I wrote it down and played it again. But this time, as I hit the second verse another voice joined me. I whipped my head around swiftly to see Cheryl, with her hands crossed, making her way over to me with her head down. 

I smiled as we sang, also making my way towards her until she finished the song on her own as I just smiled. As soon as she finished I swung my guitar around my shoulders to where it was on my back. I then cupped her face with my hands, pulling it up to look at me and placed my lips on hers.

When she kissed me back and wrapped her hands around my neck, I couldn't help but smile into the kiss. When we pulled apart I softly whispered, "I guess you figured out that was for you." 

"Yeah, I think I got the hint." She laughed softly, out foreheads connecting. My arms were still on her faced and hers around my neck. "Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked, moving my head to look up at her. 

"Well, I went to your trailer and when Jughead told me you went out, and with a guitar no less, I figured you went to the school. Low and behold, I find you here." She smiled. "Why were you looking for me in the first place?" I asked, and when she lowered her head and mumbled, "I just wanted to see you, that's all." I got worried. "Cheryl, did something happen at home?" I worriedly asked. When she slowly nodded her head I wrapped my arms around her, which she quickly returned.

"That son of a bitch Penelope can rot in hell." I said, angry. No, not just angry, I was furious. I didn't know how Cheryl put up with all of this, she didn't deserve it. "Please Toni, I don't want to go back home." She said softly. I didn't know what to say, she was so broken. And I couldnt do anything to help her. 

For the first time, I was powerless.

———————————————————

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello, hello, hello! I see you all are enjoying the book. OH BTW, the song I used is an actual duet from the new musical episode that they CUT OUT. I am furious. The song is 'You Shine' (Reprise).

Anyway I figured I'd give you guys my little perspective on how it would've gone down, how did I do? Do you like it?

Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the book still and continue to read. Love you all and thank you!

PS: I know this chapter is short and I'm sorry! I'll try and make them longer, k bye!