A lot of money

£20'000... £20'000... That was a hell of a lot. You didn't have that, nor were you going to have that within a week. With tears in your eyes you calculated how much you could have if you asked your boss to pay out all your vacation days, if you put your normal and your saving account together and if you got back the £100 a friend owed you.

Altogether, you came to £9'455.. Not even half and then you'd have literally nothing left.. Sighing, you buried your face in your hands. You decided to cycle to Richard's house, not wanting to spend any more money on public transport or anything else.

It was a long trip, and you dreaded cycling, especially in the busy streets of London, but it was the only way. Carefully, you opened the door to his house and went inside. As you walked into the living room you found him asleep on the couch. With a soft smile, you covered him with a blanket and made yourself tea.

After sitting down on a chair and thinking about your life, Richard woke up. Lost in thought, you didn't notice until he wrapped his arms around you. With a soft squeal, you cuddled into him. "You didn't need to stand up for me." You said, smiling up at him. He grinned down and pecked your lips before saying. "What else should I do? You were lost in thought. What were you thinking about?"

The fact I need to pay £20'000 within a week.

"Nothing in particular." You lied, but he knew. He kissed your cheek. "Don't worry about that money sweetheart. I will make sure everything is alright." You shook your head. "I don't want you to take care of my problems." A sigh escaped his lips. "But... I know you don't have it, and you won't have it within the week." You looked down, knowing he was right. Inaudible grumbling came out of your mouth, causing Richard to chuckle.

Sitting next to you, he wrapped his arm around you, pulling you close to him. He kissed your temple. "How do you feel?" You asked him with your eyes closed contently. "I'm good. Better now you're here." Opening your eyes, you smiled at him. "You're so sweet. And so handsome." You gently ran a hand over his chest and kissed him softly.  He cupped your cheek and kissed back, slightly deepening the kiss. "I love you..." You said after pulling away.

- Three days later -

"This is a nightmare. An absolute nightmare. I now have £9'975, almost £10'000.. Still not half of it though." You mumbled to yourself, pacing through the room. You looked for ways to get money everywhere, you'd clean cars, walk with dogs, do anything. You had worked about 10 hours the past days, and you hoped that your boss would pay you quickly. Anyways, you had to lend money from the bank. Richard was determined to not let you pay it, and pay it himself, but Jane wouldn't have that, and you didn't want him to pay for your problems. You had one more day. Then the week would be over. Calculating everything again, you came to the fact you needed to lend £10'030.. By the time you'd calculated this you were in tears.

This was when Richard called. "Hey {Y/N}, how are you?" You sniffled and tried to speak without a trembling voice. "I-I'm fine." There, failed. You could practically hear him frown. "No you're not. You're crying. Why are you crying?"

"Y-you know why.."

He sighed. "I do.. I can't convince Jane of letting me pay it. Or at least half." You groaned. "No Richard. I don't want you to pay for something that is my fault. Even though I need to lend £10'000 from the bank and I can't pay the rent nor buy food then anymore, I don't want you to pay it." He chuckled softly, making you frown. "What's funny?" "You're so stubborn it's cute.." You ran your hand down your face and groaned again. "I'll call Jane again, see if I can do anything." He said. "No, you need to rest. What was the last time you rested?" You countered. "This morning before I got out of bed." You looked at the clock. "Then you will go rest now. And if I call Jane later today and you called before an hour has passed, I'll get mad."

"Fine then..." He said with a soft sigh. "Love you. And don't worry too much." You smiled softly. "Love you too, and I'll try."

{ Okay this chapter is shorter I'm sorry... I think I'm kinda stuck I need to make this money thing be over soon, cause the main purpose of the story is kinda lost in my eyes.. What do you think? Feedback is much appreciated, this is like the first fanfiction thing I'm writing }