Love and Recovery

The next morning, you wake up and he is still asleep. You carefully move his arm so you can get out and put the covers over him. Going downstairs to make breakfast, you smile. Never in the whole wide world had you thought you would end up with this specific human being. You had loved him for years, and had dreamed about being with him, and now your dream came true.

After you made yourself some toast, you cleaned up and sat on the couch. Turning on the TV, you snuggled with some covers and watched stupid cartoons. Mainly because it was the only thing on in the morning, but you also still enjoyed it sometimes. Not much later, Richard came down with a sleepy face.

"Goodmorning my love." You said with a smile, turning off Spongebob. He flopped on the couch and breathed in and out. "I hate stairs.." He breathed. You chuckled. "When you're recovered you'll be able to walk stairs perfectly again. How much does it hurt now? One or two painkillers?" He thought for a bit before saying. "I think one will be enough." You got up and went to get one for him. "Shall I make you breakfast too?" You called out from the kitchen. "Sure if you want to." He replied.

After he finished his food, you two sat down on the couch together once more. "I love you {Y/N}" he said. "I love you too." You smiled. "And I hope you'll recover soon." He nodded. "I hope so too."

-- Four weeks later --

Today, you were gonna go with Richard to the hospital so they could check on his arm. They'd taken his cast off one week ago, and now they were going to check if everything was okay. He couldn't drive there, but you were going to take him with the subway. He never took the subway so he was afraid he'd lose his way, which was basically the only reason you were there.

Arriving in the hospital, you were led to a waiting room. After about five minutes, he was called. You walked with him towards the room and pulled out his chair for him. The doctor started asking him questions about how he felt, and how his arm felt and if he could use it a little again but he shouldn't use it too much. Richard answered that he felt fine, but after you glared at him he said that he usually felt okay, and that his headache most times was away, and his arm only hurt when he accidentally did something heavy or a wrong movement.

He clearly didn't like it all, but I think that it was mostly the fact he still couldn't do many things that annoyed him, not that the doctor was doing things. The doctor gave him the advice to be careful, but he could use his arm for little things.

Home again, you made him sit. "I know your head hurts less, but that doesn't mean you can go do everything again. You need to relax, I'll go clean your house." He sighed and looked at you with sad eyes. He pouted. You covered your eyes and whined. "No! Don't go all puppy eyes on me, you know I can't resist that.." "Exactly" he answered. You regained your composure. "No Richard, I'm serious. You have to be careful. And you know it, you just don't want to accept it." In defeat, he nodded and leaned back on the couch.

A couple days later, he suddenly called you. You picked up the phone. "Hey!" And he replied with. "Goodmorning princess! Guess what I did today?" You giggled and blushed as he called you princess, and answered. "No, what?" You could basically hear the happiness in his voice.

"I had to go to the physiotherapist today, and she made me do small stuff with my arm. I lifted a book and some other things!" You smiled. Something so small, but he made progress and he liked that. "That's amazing!" He replied with. "Yeah I know. However, I feel a bit tired and sore now, so I'm gonna lay on the couch." You nodded. "That sounds like a good plan indeed my love." "Love you" He said. "Love you too" you answered and hung up.

{ I hope you're still enjoying this story and thanks soo much for over 500 views!! It is amazing that so many people actually enjoy it, and I've found that I'm not as bad as I thought I was at writing long stories, though it does cost me more trouble than short ones. I will write this to an end soon.. I might skip ahead like a year and make something happen ^_^ }