Surprise

-- A year later --

A year and a half you've been dating the most handsome man in the world now. The famous yet honest Richard Armitage. And he was amazing. It had been amazing. You'd been to his house in New York, he'd taken you on so many dates and you'd had a wonderful time. Now, so much time later, you had also gotten used to the press and to the fact that you were 'the girlfriend of'.

This night, it would be exactly one and a half year since your first date, and he had prepared something special. You had no idea what and he didn't want to tell you anything. He had just said that he was going to pick you up at 6 o clock. He seemed nervous, but you couldn't understand why. That morning, you called your friend Emma over to help you with your clothes. You had no idea what you were going to do, so you didn't want to overdress, but you also didn't want to underdress..

After over an hour of putting clothes on and off, you had come to the conclusion you were going to wear a simple strapless dress with a belt around your waist, so that your curves would be accentuated. Emma helped you with your makeup, trying different kind of eye shadows but ending up just making beautiful smokey eyes. She curled your hair and put it in loose curls on your shoulders. Putting on black heels and grabbing a clutch, you looked into the mirror and walked through the room a bit. She looked at you approvingly. "You look stunning. If I were a guy I'd totally date you." You chuckled. "Thanks Emma." You looked at the clock. 5:30pm. Wow. It had really taken you guys all day to fix this. "Thank you so much for your help!" You hugged your best friend and she replied. "Oh no problem. Everything for you. I should get going though, what if he's early?" She winked and grabbed her bag. You laughed softly and walked with her to the door.

After that, you looked into the mirror again and decided that it was okay. You quickly polished your nails and waited on the couch for the doorbell to ring. At 5:57 it rang. You jumped up and opened the door with a smile. Richard stood in front of you with a single red rose, dressed in a suit which beautifully accentuated his form. "Hey love" You said, kissing him gently. "Good afternoon." He smiled and handed you the rose. You quickly put it in the water so it wouldn't die whilst you were gone, and you turned back to him. "You look gorgeous." He smiled. "Shall we go?" He held out his arm for you and you took it gratefully. "Where are we going?" You asked for the hundredth time. "I'm not telling you." He replied with a chuckle. "But I hope you'll like it."

-- Richard's POV --

I am so so nervous. I figured I wanted to do this. I love her so much. She pointed out to me we were going to be together for one and a half year soon, and I knew that it would be the perfect moment. From that day, I started planning. I figured we could go to the same restaurant as where our first date was, at exactly the same table. I called them and they reserved it for us. Then, I went to get a new suit and I called Lee to help me. I hadn't been to London because I had been shooting in America, so he helped me out. She had come to New York to visit me, but I made sure to hide anything I had planned. We went back to London together and I finished everything.

Tonight was the night. Tonight I would know. I took a hot shower to distract me from the nerves. I'd filmed movie scenes like this before, where ofcourse I had to play nervous, but this was totally different. I had never felt like this before, not even for an audition. But besides nerves, there were also butterflies in my stomach. More than there had ever been before.

She looked stunning. I hope my hands don't feel sweaty but I offered her my arm anyway. As we drive to Alain Ducasse, I wonder if she notices. After like 10 minutes of driving she gasped. "Are you taking me back to Alain Ducasse?" I nodded and smiled. "Do you like the idea?" She nodded. Now let's hope she likes the rest of my idea too.