Almost

It had been two days since Lucas gave me a week off, and two days left till Karen's wedding.

To be really honest, I have started to miss my work.

Scratch that, you know what I mean by 'work', hash tag: a certain someone. When my parents found out about my week off, they were sure I resigned. It took two hours to convince them that I didn't resign.
Then two hours again that he didn't fire me.
Then two hours again that I was not in a secret relationship with Lucas in which I had a bad day with him and decided to stay the week at home.

I was laying upside down on my bed with my remote controller in my hand playing Little Big Planet, when my phone buzzed. A wave of excitement rushed in me as I picked it up to see a message I received, that too from Lucas. I did not notice the grin that was plastered on my face when I read his message.

Hey,My favourite prostitute C;

I chuckled under my breath and slightly shook my head, beginning to type my reply anxiously.

Shut up. That never happened xD

His reply came after approximately ten seconds. Whoa, I guess we have some fast text-er here.

Sure, whatever you say darling. C; So what's up? xx

I stared at the two x, and shut my mouth which was opened slightly.

We have shared two kisses by the way...

Nothing, bored. And no x please.

Lucas: Whoa, missing me?

Me: No. Missing Enrique and Nathan. I snickered at my reply, imagining his pissed reaction.

Lucas: Care to join me for an ice cream?

Me: No.

Lucas: Sure, I'll pick you in twenty minutes.

I stared at my phone's screen as panic seized me. He's coming in twenty minutes! I pinched the bridge of my nose and quickly took a five minute shower. Wearing black jeans, I put on a gray shirt with a black glittered heart in the middle. I slipped into my black converse and tied my hair in a usual messy bun before going in front of the mirror. Looking at myself in the mirror with my eyes squinted, I decided to put my wet hair in a loose ponytail and apply a coat of mascara. Wearing a light pink tinted chap stick, I walked out of my room with my phone in my hand.

"Whoa, where are you going Can?" My father asked with an eyebrow raised as he took in my attire.

Of course, he would notice that. It's not everyday I'm in a mood to dress up, if this is even called dressing up.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I walked towards him and whispered each word clearly to him, "I'm going out for an ice cream. And you're not gonna tell your precious wife or Petunia"

Imitating my expression, he whispered back, "With Lucas?"

My eyes widened, and I nodded slowly maintaining my previous expression.

"Okay, detective. I'll not let your mother know if you bring me some." I chuckled at his response and on hearing a car park outside, I gave him a salute with two fingers, and jogged out to stop Lucas from barging in being the lovey dovey he is.

My father plays the role of a perfect sibling.

I spotted him shutting the door of his car, dressed in a white shirt with a dark blue blazer rolled up to just below his elbows, and a dark blue jeans. He was wearing his sunglasses at the moment and hadn't seen me ogling at him. I took that chance to check him out again. His hair was messy and roughly pushed back. He leaned down towards the side mirror of the car and brushed his fingers through his hair, which made me amused as well as feel tingles.
Then he slowly turned around and smirked.