cσdα: rєturn tσ thє ѕєα

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

BOROMIR did not know how to react when Aeardis told him that Ioreth thought she was beginning to fade. For so long she had been constant, age had not touched her since the quest to destroy the One Ring; that would have been more than a decade ago now.

Yet it seemed to be true and he was just now seeing the first signs. Mingled with her dark hair was strands of silvery grey. Boromir rested his hand on her cheek and offered a soft smile. "If you think that a handful of silver hairs will make me love you any less then you're wrong." Aeardis laughed. A flush of deep red rising up to her cheeks. She felt foolish for having even entertained the thought that this would change anything.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Aeardis smiled as Boromir played with Elboron and Eldarion. They were both nearing nine now. They both charged toward the seasoned warrior, knocking him back off his feet and onto the white stone. He yielded to the two boys' advances with wooden swords and then stood with a soft groan as they continued to spar with one another. She stepped up to him and massaged his left shoulder for a moment, the tightness faded. "You're not young anymore," she chided him.

Boromir smiled, "but I am not old yet either." That was true as well, even though the first signs of grey had begun appearing in his beard and hair. Aeardis, though, still looked to be ageless, despite the news Ioreth had given her. He took hold of her hands and looked down into her murky sea-green eyes, then suddenly he spoke, "let us go to Tol Eressëa."

Her brows furrowed, but she could not deny that this was a path that she had long dreamed of taking. "You are certain this is what you want?" She asked softly, for she could not imagine Boromir leaving Minas Tirith.

"I want nothing more than to grow old with you," he stated. She smiled and raised her hand to his bearded cheek. "Gondor is at peace, the realms of men have been reunited. There is no better time," he paused and a smile crossed his lips, "after all, I did promise you all those years ago that I would take you, that we would sail across the sea."

Aeardis lifted up onto the tips of her toes and leaned into him, catching his lips with her own. Boromir held her close until they were interrupted with Elboron and Eldarion both making gagging noises with scrunched up faces. Boromir glanced over his shoulder at the boys, chuckling at their antics, but nonetheless, when he turned back to Aeardis, he kissed her again.

Faramir was the first to hear about their plans. Oddly enough, he did not seem shocked by the decision. Boromir had been talking to him about it for some time. And though it would bring great sadness to see his brother depart for the West, Faramir knew it to be the best choice for both he and Aeardis.

She had worried about leaving her position as Aragorn's counselor, but the King assured her that all was well, that she should follow the path that her heart yearned to take. Gondor was thriving because of her deeds and he would not let that prosperity falter in her absence.

The evening before their departure there was a celebration within the entire city. Éowyn and Arwen had planned the event, both of them were now with child again too. The entire city was in attendance, circulating in and out of the Great Hall to partake in the feast and merrymaking. They spoke of tales on the battlefield, of Boromir the Bold and Tall, Captain of the White Tower, and of the ever-sweet Aeardis who consoled the grieving and helped those in need.

Aragorn may have been the true King of Gondor, but it was Boromir and Aeardis who had earned their love and respect many years ago. They celebrated well into the night, surrounding themselves on last time with the good people of Gondor.