Chapter 14: So close yet so far

Titus Fjord Buenavista's POV

It's already been a few weeks and things have been back to normal, more or less.

Von came back to school, and Ariadne as well. Though sometimes she gets very painful headaches whenever she remembers anything associated with the incident.

Sabi niya sa'kin wala daw siyang maalala before, during, and after the fight. Kaya naman... Eris is the main suspect for now.

Yes, you heard it right. Wait, should I have said read?

'For the love of God, magseryoso ka nga!'

Tch! Ang grumpy ng sub-consciousness ko.

So ayun nga. Dahil walang makapagpatunay na may mga umatake sa kanilang 'group of girls,' Eris gained the most suspicion during the incident. After all, she was unscathed while Ariadne was in a terrible condition.

If she was the one who attacked Ariadne, it would make the most logical explanation.

The Police are looking at the angle where Eris became jealous because two of her new targets, which is me and Von, became very close to Ariadne.

She may have felt betrayed of some sort, which led her into committing the crime at hand.

Actually, it really is the best explanation for everything.

But I feel like something's off... The pieces of the puzzle fit very well—  no, too well.

It seems to me that she's been framed, but of course, I also believe that she may have done it.

Pero...

UGHHHH!

Gulong-gulo na ako.

I scratched my head and stared up at the ceiling of my room.

Could Eris really be the suspect? So that means she's working with the guys we talked to before?

Or maybe... She's Aphrodite herself?

But if she really is, then she's done something very idiotic.

I mean, why hide herself with a codename kung siya rin pala mismo ang mananakit kay Ariadne, 'di ba? Why bother hiring several men for doing easier jobs than those she did herself, if ever?

If it were me, I'd rather hire the men for the dirty work while I do the keeping watch job.

I need to get to know that Eris even more.

I get to help solve this dilemma while also being close enough to Ariadne to be able to protect her. It'll be hitting two birds with one stone.

'Protect her?'

Yeah. I need to protect her because she's the key to my revenge.

'Heartless douchebag.'

Tssss.

Mana sa kaniya.

Von Azrael Sy's POV

"H-Hindi mo naman ako kailangang samahan eh. I can do it by myself."

I still can't believe anyone could be as cute as her. If cuteness was a crime, she would  be detained forever.

... In my heart.

'Enough with the corny lines, Von. 'Di mo rin naman masasabi sa kaniya eh. Coward!'

Tch. Epal talaga 'yong sub-consciousness ko. Of course I can't tell her!