3. Malfoy

I sat at the Ravenclaw table with my two friends and waited for the Sorting Hat ceremony and dinner to begin.

"Who did you sit with in the Hogwarts Express?" Jessica asked me.

"Harry Potter and his two friends, Ron and Hermione," I said and both of my friends opened their mouths.

"Are you serious? Did you talk to them?" Amber asked.

"Not much. What about you guys?" I asked them.

"Jessica and I found a compartment with a kid named Neville Longbottom," Amber said. "He's nice but a little weird." Both of them laughed.

"By the way, what did you do when the Dementors showed up?" Jessica asked me and I sighed.

"I was with Draco Malfoy," I said and they frowned.

"What?" Amber asked. "I thought you were with Harry!" She exclaimed.

"Well, Malfoy told me that my parents aren't Muggles because they can enter Platform 9 3/4," I said.

"That's weird," Jessica said. "And how did he act? Was he nice to you?"

"He hugged me when the Dementors showed up. Now I owe him a favor," I said and looked at the Slytherin table. Malfoy was talking to his friends, then we made eye contact but I looked away.

"Lucky!" Amber said. "I mean, he might be mean and racist, but he's hot," she said and Jessica and I made a disgusted face.

I was about to say something, but then Dumbledore, the Headmaster, spoke.

"Welcome children! Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" he said and everyone clapped with excitement. "As many of you may know, Sirius Black escaped Azkaban and the Ministry of Magic is still looking for him. That's why I had to agree to have Dementors as guards. Even though I don't like the idea, they are going to be in every entrance of Hogwarts making sure no one enters or leaves the castle without permission," he said and sighed. "Well, let the Sorting ceremony begin!"

After the new students were sorted into one of the four houses we had a delicious banquet. After we finished our food, Dumbledore told us that it was time to go to sleep and get ready for tomorrow's classes.

Jessica, Amber, and I waited for the other students to leave so that the halls wouldn't be so crowded. Then, when most people were gone, we walked towards the Great Hall entrance.

"Look! It's the nerd!" Draco exclaimed. He was waiting with his friends by the door next to Crabbe and Goyle.

"Nerd? Are you serious?" I asked him and rolled my eyes.

"I still can't figure out why my father would hang out with a Ravenclaw. I mean, I'm sure that's where your parents belong," he said while he pretending to think.

"And I don't understand why my parents would ever hang out with people like you," I said. "To be honest, I thought you were nicer. But you're just an annoying Slytherin," I said and turned around to leave and my friends followed me. I could hear Malfoy's laugh until I reached the Ravenclaw tower.

"Don't listen to him," Jessica said while we unpacked our stuff in our room. "He just wants attention."

"I know. But I've seen the way he treats others," I said. "He's mean to everyone."

"He saved your life, didn't he?" Amber asked me, blushing.

"I can't believe you like him," I said and Jessica and I laughed.