18. The Story

Melanie's P.O.V.

I finally had the Time-Turner, but if Professor McGonagall found out that it was missing, it could become a serious problem. I needed to use it tonight and return it to her office as soon as possible.

Amber left the Ravenclaw Tower to go and see Draco, and Jessica was tired so she went to bed early. I was wearing the Time-Turner around my neck, so when I had made sure that Jessica was asleep, I gave the device a few turns, counting the days that had passed since the day Professor Snape gave me detention.

Suddenly, everything around me began to move and change, and a few seconds later I was standing in the same spot I was the same night Amber used Polyjuice Potion to change her appearance and turn into me.

I was standing in my room. Jessica was sleeping and Amber wasn't there, so I assumed that she was already in detention with Draco. I sighed and made my way towards Snape's classroom. When I got there I heard Draco's voice, so I hid behind the door and paid attention to what he was saying.

"Why did your parents lie to you about them being Slytherins?" Draco asked Amber.

"You really are annoying, I can't believe I used to liked you." Amber said.

No way... what?!

"You liked me?" Draco asked.

A lot of things made sense now. I finally understood why Draco was being so nice to me and why he kept trying to be my friend. He thought I liked him.

"I liked you as a friend," Amber said. "But now you disgust me."

I wanted to interrupt them and end this nightmare, but I decided not to do anything because things would've gotten weird.

"We were never friends," Draco said.

"Let's just clean the classroom and then leave," Amber sighed.

There was a long moment of silence, so I just waited there to see if one of them said something.

I was about to give up and go back to the present, but the moment I touched the Time-Turner, Draco spoke.

"Collingwood," he said all of a sudden. "My father told me a story about how he became friends with your parents. I'm sure you want to know."

"Can you just tell me later?" Amber asked him.

"Why?" Draco asked confused. "This is the perfect moment to tell you because we're the only ones here."

"Is it a secret how they became friends or what?" Amber said with a nervous laugh.

"I won't tell you if you don't want to," Draco said. "I just thought that it was something you've been wanting to know for over a year."

Well, that was definitely a good reason to stay.

"Ok," Amber said. "I'm listening."

"It's a long story so don't interrupt me."

"Ok," she nodded.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure no one else was there. Then, I sighed and listened to Draco's story.

"Our parents met in the Slytherin common room and instantly became friends, even Snape used to hang out with them. Soon, everyone was talking about the Dark Lord and his followers, and most Slytherins decided to become Death Eaters, including our parents and Snape. They trusted each other a lot, but once the Dark Lord was defeated by Harry Potter, many of those Death Eaters decided to hide and disappear from the Wizarding world forever, just like your parents did."