She walks away

Jamie accepts the scholarship, telling her parents that she had chosen to follow her dreams to become a lawyer. She starts her studies and becomes successful in her studies, but there was always something missing. She tried several relationships over the years, but nothing worked out. Texts and postcards were sent and received from Brooke, but nothing much. Jamie decided to stay in British Columbia and study more. She stayed for a total of 5 years.

Brooke was left in Toronto, longing for Jamie but knowing letting her go was the choice she had made. She dealt with being independent. She learned how to eat at Hale's alone and not ordering mashed potatoes with her chicken. She grew up but was still the same. Brooke received texts and postcards from Jamie and wanted to stay connected, but she knew it would persuade her to move there. Brooke was alone for 5 years.

She got of the plane and unmasked the Toronto air. She had visited her parents a couple of years ago, but this time it was permanent. Jamie got a job at a firm downtown and knew she would have to meet someone sooner or later. Brooke.

It was cold and damp. Fall in downtown Toronto was not pleasant. Jamie walks down the stone grey pavement with bouncing energy. She was headed her way to a promising firm with everything she needed to become successful. Filled with bouncing joy, there was a kick to her step, a new life, joy you could say. Until she saw her. In the most likely of unlikeliest places, Jamie sees Brooke sipping a coffee inside a shop. Suddenly without delay, her heart broke as it once did. Jamie stares at Brooke imagining what her life might be like after all these years. One thing was for sure, they both had changed.

Jamie's hair was a little shorter than before, her almond shaped eyes suited it well. Brooke still had her beautiful long dark brown hair. Still with the same cocoa brown eyes and contagious smile. She had gotten a couple a tattoos that made her even more alluring.

Jamie continues to stare at Brooke, finally she works up the courage to walk in, then she sees a man. An older but handsome man giving Brooke a kiss on the cheek while handing her her coat. Jamie is swallowed up by a whirlwind of regret. She walks away.