Deflowering (I)

December 15, 2017 (Friday at 8:00 PM)

(Helena's Point of View)

Today marks the day of our fourth date. I can't stress the happiness I'm feeling. I get butterflies every single time I think of him. It's like...everything I've strived for is finally here. All the years of loneliness, all the pain, and even jealousy, it was all worth it. Love simply wasn't ready for me. And now here it is in full bloom, so much so that it feels that the ground beneath my feet transforms into rosebuds for me to step on when I walk. It's finally my turn. I've waited for this gift for what felt like centuries.

I look at myself in the mirror.

I'm wearing a little black dress with spaghetti straps. It hugs my figure comfortably. Underneath, I'm wearing a thin, grey, turtlenecked sweater. On my legs are sheer black thigh highs, adorned with my black chunky boots. I take a look at my body and its features. I've never really noticed it, but I feel a lot...healthier. Ever since I met Demetrius, I've begun taking care of myself a lot more. I've quit biting my nails and even adopted some of Hermia's style points. I go to salons and get acrylics and such. My hair looks cleaner...shinier. I kinda...look pretty? I pull down the skirt portion of my dress, paranoid about showing any scars on my thighs.

Ever since my spirits have lifted, I've begun to realize how stupid I must've been for cutting myself. Now I have these ugly scars on me. The action seems a bit worthless now that I really think about it. I sigh.

In the midst of my thoughts, Demetrius starts calling my phone, making me jump. I immediately pick up my phone and take a deep, but a happy breath. I smile. "Hello?" I say. I hear a sexy, breathy chuckle come from the other side. Chills go down my arms and back. "Hey, baby." A smile brightens my face. "I'm here. Come out." He says. "Let me tell my dad," I say quickly before hanging up. I skip around as I go to my dad's room. As I open his bedroom door, I see my dad drinking a soda and eating his Chinese food. He shoves a huge spoonful of fried rice in his face and I laugh. Nedar Lovecraft. My beloved father. He's not always in the right, but he's done everything to protect me my whole life, and I thank him for that. I enter his room and go to him. "Is the bastard here already?" He says with a sad smile. His voice is muffled from the food in his cheeks. I smile back. He's obviously worried. I've literally never had a boyfriend before, let alone a serious one. I mean, my first kiss was Hermia for god's sake. We're going to the forest on the edge of Wynwoods this time.

"Yes. He's here." I awkwardly say as I smile. He sighs and pulls me in for a hug. "Remember. 10:30. Please." I nod on his shoulder. He lets me go and smiles at me in concern. I grin, not being able to hold back my excitement and nervousness. "I'll be fine. Promise." He sighs, holding onto my hands. "I know. I know you will." He lets go of me and I begin to walk out of the room. "Be careful." He says to me. I uncontrollably grin once more and mumble to myself the words, "I know, dad." I walk out of the door and giggle to myself. I feel like such an idiot, but I can't handle the plethora of emotions tingling my insides. It's an anxious, ecstatic feeling.

I close the door behind my back and almost freeze with happiness. He's leaning outside of his dad's pickup truck with his arms crossed. A smile is plastered on his face. I happily run to him and he laughs as he grabs me in a hug. When I pull back my head, we both reach in for a kiss. He lets go and after kissing my forehead turns to his car. "Let's go." I happily enter the car and we drive to the forest.

This location is a place which has great value to me. I spent the vast majority of my childhood in the forest. It knows my deepest fears, regrets, wishes, everything. It knows me more than anything or anyone. It's my place of freedom. My lonely haven. I had brought up the idea of going to the forest after explaining how special it is to me. I was scared of sounding stupid, but he didn't care. He actually...liked it.